    Is there any MIDP version 2.0 for Palm OS available for download on
    the net ? (I mean the JVM as a PRC for a Palm and the tool converting
    MIDlets in PRC apps)

    MCP, Oct 16, 2003

  2. MCP

    Scooby Ced Guest

    "MCP" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is there any MIDP version 2.0 for Palm OS available for download on
    > the net ? (I mean the JVM as a PRC for a Palm and the tool converting
    > MIDlets in PRC apps)

    No, there isn't any. The reason is that not much ( or even not at all) Palm
    OS support MIDP 2.0 .

    Scoobt-Ced
    ---
    Invalid Signature

    Scooby Ced, Oct 17, 2003

  3. MCP wrote:

    > Is there any MIDP version 2.0 for Palm OS available for download on
    > the net ? (I mean the JVM as a PRC for a Palm and the tool converting
    > MIDlets in PRC apps)

    Not that I've seen. The only MIDP implementation for Palm is written to the
    MIDP 1.0 specification.

    --
    Darryl L. Pierce <>
    Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/c/mcpierce>

    Darryl L. Pierce, Oct 17, 2003
  4. MCP

    Bjoern Guest

    Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
    > MCP wrote:
    >

    >>Is there any MIDP version 2.0 for Palm OS available for download on
    >>the net ? (I mean the JVM as a PRC for a Palm and the tool converting
    >>MIDlets in PRC apps)

    > Not that I've seen. The only MIDP implementation for Palm is written to the
    > MIDP 1.0 specification.

    I think I remember seeing a news item recently, about Palm licensing a
    new Java VM. But I suppose only for Palm OS 5.

    --

    Let's not weep for their evil deeds,
    but for their lack of imagination

    Bjoern, Oct 20, 2003
  5. On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 23:38:50 +0200, Bjoern wrote:

    >>>Is there any MIDP version 2.0 for Palm OS available for download on
    >>>the net ? (I mean the JVM as a PRC for a Palm and the tool converting
    >>>MIDlets in PRC apps)

    >> Not that I've seen. The only MIDP implementation for Palm is written to the
    >> MIDP 1.0 specification.
    >>

    > I think I remember seeing a news item recently, about Palm licensing a
    > new Java VM. But I suppose only for Palm OS 5.

    That was the Websphere [Mobile|Micro]Edition MIDP implementation from IBM.
    It's still MIDP 1.0, though.

    Darryl L. Pierce, Oct 22, 2003
  6. MCP

    MCP Guest

    Ok so an MIDP 2.0 implementation for Palm OS is not to be expected
    soon.
    Are there any news about at least a future update to the current
    MIDP4Palm 1.0, like a 1.1 version ?

    BTW, did anyone also notice that MIDP4Palm 1.0 does not support HiRes
    screens (320x320) ? When I request the screen size on my HiRes Clie,
    it says 160x160 and fonts seem to be displayed in 160x160 unless I
    activate Sony's High Resolution Assist and choose the fast drawing
    speed in Java preferences...

    MCP, Oct 22, 2003
  7. MCP wrote:

    > Ok so an MIDP 2.0 implementation for Palm OS is not to be expected
    > soon.

    That's not what I said.

    > Are there any news about at least a future update to the current
    > MIDP4Palm 1.0, like a 1.1 version ?

    Not that I'm aware of, no. My hope is that, rather than MIDP, Sun will move
    Personal Profile onto the more powerful PDAs.

    Darryl L. Pierce, Oct 24, 2003