MIDP 2.0 for Palm OS

MCP

Is there any MIDP version 2.0 for Palm OS available for download on
the net ? (I mean the JVM as a PRC for a Palm and the tool converting
MIDlets in PRC apps)

Scooby Ced

MCP said:
Is there any MIDP version 2.0 for Palm OS available for download on
the net ? (I mean the JVM as a PRC for a Palm and the tool converting
MIDlets in PRC apps)
No, there isn't any. The reason is that not much ( or even not at all) Palm
OS support MIDP 2.0 .

Scoobt-Ced

Darryl L. Pierce

MCP said:
Is there any MIDP version 2.0 for Palm OS available for download on
the net ? (I mean the JVM as a PRC for a Palm and the tool converting
MIDlets in PRC apps)

Not that I've seen. The only MIDP implementation for Palm is written to the
MIDP 1.0 specification.

Bjoern

Darryl said:
MCP wrote:

Not that I've seen. The only MIDP implementation for Palm is written to the
MIDP 1.0 specification.

I think I remember seeing a news item recently, about Palm licensing a
new Java VM. But I suppose only for Palm OS 5.

--

Let's not weep for their evil deeds,
but for their lack of imagination

Darryl L. Pierce

I think I remember seeing a news item recently, about Palm licensing a
new Java VM. But I suppose only for Palm OS 5.

That was the Websphere [Mobile|Micro]Edition MIDP implementation from IBM.
It's still MIDP 1.0, though.

MCP

Ok so an MIDP 2.0 implementation for Palm OS is not to be expected
soon.
Are there any news about at least a future update to the current
MIDP4Palm 1.0, like a 1.1 version ?

BTW, did anyone also notice that MIDP4Palm 1.0 does not support HiRes
screens (320x320) ? When I request the screen size on my HiRes Clie,
it says 160x160 and fonts seem to be displayed in 160x160 unless I
activate Sony's High Resolution Assist and choose the fast drawing
speed in Java preferences...

MCP said:
Ok so an MIDP 2.0 implementation for Palm OS is not to be expected
soon.

That's not what I said.
Are there any news about at least a future update to the current
MIDP4Palm 1.0, like a 1.1 version ?

Not that I'm aware of, no. My hope is that, rather than MIDP, Sun will move
Personal Profile onto the more powerful PDAs.