MIDP 2

JScoobyCed

Hi,

I have seen several Nokia mobile phones have MIDP 2 already. I am wondering
if you have already experimenting Java applications on those modele ? Just
experimenting, not developing (or if you have also developped then I will be
please to hear your comments).
How complicated is it to upload a JAR/JAR set (cable ? website ?)
The models I found about MIDP 2:
Nokia 6255, 6620, 5140, 6230, 6600, 7610, 7700
There are also Sony-Ericson P900/P908 and some Motorola.
I would be pleased to have comments on any MIDP experience.
Thank you.

JScoobyCed
-------------

Darryl L. Pierce

JScoobyCed said:
I have seen several Nokia mobile phones have MIDP 2 already. I am
wondering if you have already experimenting Java applications on those
modele ? Just experimenting, not developing (or if you have also
developped then I will be please to hear your comments).

I've been doing MIDP development for 5 years now. Real enterprise
applications, as well as games (currently, look for Rocky Boxing and Pink
Panther Freeze Tag from Anthem Entertainment <http://www.anthemgames.com>)
and am currently in the process of finishing up a product to start my own
company.
How complicated is it to upload a JAR/JAR set (cable ? website ?)

It's not. To deploy to a handset over-the-air, you just need to make sure
your web server returns the proper MIME types for both the JAR and the JAD
file. That information is documented in the J2ME FAQ:
The models I found about MIDP 2:
Nokia 6255, 6620, 5140, 6230, 6600, 7610, 7700
There are also Sony-Ericson P900/P908 and some Motorola.
I would be pleased to have comments on any MIDP experience.

I love MIDP development.

--
/**
* @author Darryl L. Pierce <[email protected]>

JScoobyCed

Darryl L. Pierce said:
It's not. To deploy to a handset over-the-air, you just need to make sure
your web server returns the proper MIME types for both the JAR and the JAD
file. That information is documented in the J2ME FAQ:
<http://mcpierce.mypage.org/j2mefaq.html>

Thanks. I'd like to know if loading midlet can be done by serial cable or
infrared/BlueTooth. For development I wouldn't like to connect internet
every time.

JScoobyCed

Darryl L. Pierce

JScoobyCed said:
Thanks. I'd like to know if loading midlet can be done by serial cable or
infrared/BlueTooth.

It depends on the handset. For example, the Nokia and Siemens phones that
support Bluetooth allow for deployment using Bluetooth. The same for the
Motorola phones and USB/serial data cables.

--
/**