    Thank you.

    JScoobyCed
    -------------

    JScoobyCed, May 18, 2004

  2. JScoobyCed wrote:

    > I have seen several Nokia mobile phones have MIDP 2 already. I am
    > wondering if you have already experimenting Java applications on those
    > modele ? Just experimenting, not developing (or if you have also
    > developped then I will be please to hear your comments).

    I've been doing MIDP development for 5 years now. Real enterprise
    applications, as well as games (currently, look for Rocky Boxing and Pink
    Panther Freeze Tag from Anthem Entertainment <http://www.anthemgames.com>)
    and am currently in the process of finishing up a product to start my own
    company.

    > How complicated is it to upload a JAR/JAR set (cable ? website ?)

    It's not. To deploy to a handset over-the-air, you just need to make sure
    your web server returns the proper MIME types for both the JAR and the JAD
    file. That information is documented in the J2ME FAQ:
    <http://mcpierce.mypage.org/j2mefaq.html>

    > The models I found about MIDP 2:
    > Nokia 6255, 6620, 5140, 6230, 6600, 7610, 7700
    > There are also Sony-Ericson P900/P908 and some Motorola.
    > I would be pleased to have comments on any MIDP experience.

    I love MIDP development.

    --
    /**
    * @author Darryl L. Pierce <>

    Darryl L. Pierce, May 19, 2004

  3. JScoobyCed

    JScoobyCed Guest

    "Darryl L. Pierce" <>
    > > How complicated is it to upload a JAR/JAR set (cable ? website ?)

    > It's not. To deploy to a handset over-the-air, you just need to make sure
    > your web server returns the proper MIME types for both the JAR and the JAD
    > file. That information is documented in the J2ME FAQ:
    > <http://mcpierce.mypage.org/j2mefaq.html>

    Thanks. I'd like to know if loading midlet can be done by serial cable or
    infrared/BlueTooth. For development I wouldn't like to connect internet
    every time.

    JScoobyCed
    -------------

    JScoobyCed, May 19, 2004
  4. JScoobyCed wrote:

    >> > How complicated is it to upload a JAR/JAR set (cable ? website ?)

    >> It's not. To deploy to a handset over-the-air, you just need to make sure
    >> your web server returns the proper MIME types for both the JAR and the
    >> JAD file. That information is documented in the J2ME FAQ:
    >> <http://mcpierce.mypage.org/j2mefaq.html>
    >>

    > Thanks. I'd like to know if loading midlet can be done by serial cable or
    > infrared/BlueTooth.

    It depends on the handset. For example, the Nokia and Siemens phones that
    support Bluetooth allow for deployment using Bluetooth. The same for the
    Motorola phones and USB/serial data cables.

    --
    /**

    Darryl L. Pierce, May 20, 2004