Migrated website, now ASP that access Foxpro data doesn't work

Colin Colin

We migrated our intranet site from IIS4 NT4 (\\GHCNT8) to a Windows 2003
server with IIS6 (\\NT58) using the IIS Migration Tools. I have a few
ASP pages that access Foxpro data on a different server.

I downloaded the Visual Foxpro ODBC Driver from MSDN. I exported (from
the registry) the ODBC entries from the old server and imported them
onto the newserver. I setup the Internet user guest account with rights
where the Foxpro data is located. The data is on a different server so
we created an IUSR_NT58 account on the server that it is located and set
the password to match the what it is for NT58\IUSR_NT58.

My code makes it past the connection string:

Set cntl = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
cntl.Mode = 8
sqlStr = "Driver=Microsoft Visual FoxPro
Driver;SourceType=DBf;SourceDB=\\Ghcnt11\mslw\MSLWDATA;BackgroundFetch=N
o;Exclusive=No"
Session("DBConnect")=sqlStr
cntl.Open sqlStr

But when I try to query the data, I get an error:

set RPrec = Nothing
set RPrec = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
RPrec.cursortype = 1 'adOpenKeyset
RPrec.cursorlocation = 2 'adUseServer
RPrec.locktype = 3 'adLockOptimistic
SqlStr = "SELECT dr_name, dr_id FROM cmeinf GROUP BY cmeinf.dr_name
HAVING (((cmeinf.dr_name) Is Not Null)) ORDER BY cmeinf.dr_name"
response.write sqlstr
RPrec.Open sqlStr, cntl

This is what I get:
SELECT dr_name, dr_id FROM cmeinf GROUP BY cmeinf.dr_name HAVING
(((cmeinf.dr_name) Is Not Null)) ORDER BY cmeinf.dr_name

ODBC driver does not support the requested properties.

/physician/phycme/phys_cme.asp, line 23

joker

Colin Colin

Well I will only be in this job for 1 more week so I don't have time to
reprogram it, I gotta get it working on the new server. So I Have to
use ODBC.

I found the article that helped me got it working on our old server:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q197964

However this was for IIS 5, we have IIS6 now. There is a line that says
"De-select the "Enable Automatic Password Synchronization" option and
type in the username(IUSR_ComputerName) and the password. "
I do not find this option in IIS 6. I think this may have something
to do with it.

RIght now I am getting errors where the DBF file is not found. Again I
think it's security because of this Enable automatic password
Synchronization. I can't deselect it in IIS because I cannot find it.
Any ideas?