Migrated website, now ASP that access Foxpro data doesn't work

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Colin Colin, Aug 27, 2004.

  1. Colin Colin

    Colin Colin Guest

    We migrated our intranet site from IIS4 NT4 (\\GHCNT8) to a Windows 2003
    server with IIS6 (\\NT58) using the IIS Migration Tools. I have a few
    ASP pages that access Foxpro data on a different server.

    I downloaded the Visual Foxpro ODBC Driver from MSDN. I exported (from
    the registry) the ODBC entries from the old server and imported them
    onto the newserver. I setup the Internet user guest account with rights
    where the Foxpro data is located. The data is on a different server so
    we created an IUSR_NT58 account on the server that it is located and set
    the password to match the what it is for NT58\IUSR_NT58.

    My code makes it past the connection string:

    Set cntl = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    cntl.Mode = 8
    sqlStr = "Driver=Microsoft Visual FoxPro
    Driver;SourceType=DBf;SourceDB=\\Ghcnt11\mslw\MSLWDATA;BackgroundFetch=N
    o;Exclusive=No"
    Session("DBConnect")=sqlStr
    cntl.Open sqlStr

    But when I try to query the data, I get an error:

    set RPrec = Nothing
    set RPrec = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
    RPrec.cursortype = 1 'adOpenKeyset
    RPrec.cursorlocation = 2 'adUseServer
    RPrec.locktype = 3 'adLockOptimistic
    SqlStr = "SELECT dr_name, dr_id FROM cmeinf GROUP BY cmeinf.dr_name
    HAVING (((cmeinf.dr_name) Is Not Null)) ORDER BY cmeinf.dr_name"
    response.write sqlstr
    RPrec.Open sqlStr, cntl

    This is what I get:
    SELECT dr_name, dr_id FROM cmeinf GROUP BY cmeinf.dr_name HAVING
    (((cmeinf.dr_name) Is Not Null)) ORDER BY cmeinf.dr_name

    ODBC driver does not support the requested properties.

    /physician/phycme/phys_cme.asp, line 23

    Colin Colin, Aug 27, 2004

  2. Colin Colin

    joker Guest

    Stop using ODBC first off. Second check out the following sites for
    some information on what to do & why not to use ODBC/DSN connections.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...n-us/ado270/htm/ado_deprecated_components.asp

    http://www.able-consulting.com/MDAC/ADO/Connection/OLEDB_Providers.htm#OLEDBProviderForVisualFoxPro

    If you still insist on using ODBC follow the directions at the following
    page.

    http://www.able-consulting.com/MDAC/ADO/Connection/ODBC_DSNLess.htm#ODBCDriverForVisualFoxPro

    joker, Aug 28, 2004

  3. Colin Colin

    Colin Colin Guest

    Well I will only be in this job for 1 more week so I don't have time to
    reprogram it, I gotta get it working on the new server. So I Have to
    use ODBC.

    I found the article that helped me got it working on our old server:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q197964

    However this was for IIS 5, we have IIS6 now. There is a line that says
    "De-select the "Enable Automatic Password Synchronization" option and
    type in the username(IUSR_ComputerName) and the password. "
    I do not find this option in IIS 6. I think this may have something
    to do with it.

    RIght now I am getting errors where the DBF file is not found. Again I
    think it's security because of this Enable automatic password
    Synchronization. I can't deselect it in IIS because I cannot find it.
    Any ideas?

    Colin Colin, Aug 28, 2004