migrating asp to aspl.net: includes?

Davíð Þórisson

hi,
I am getting really excited to start migrating so much less time it's going
to take to do my web projects!!

in my old Asp web I had a common frame for all pages which was simply
included at top of each .asp file. Actually all layout was done through
various strings (strFrame, strMain, strHeader ...) and a function in that
common file combined the strings and sent to Response.Write. Cool because it
allowed me to manipulate the final output.

So what has replaced the include function in .Net? How would you do this?

And also, how would you store some common, small functions you use from
every .asp(x) file?

thank you
David

Davíð Þórisson

I know the controls but it's putting it all together that I have no feeling
for...
do you know of any simple web project (for example news module) I can
download anywhere, just to see a good practice?