Migrating batch app to web app

Paul P

Greetings,

I have an application that was written in order to be run as a
stand-alone executable. We've got the Excelsior Jet product, and we
compile the CLASSes and create the .EXE for it. Works fine. It's
basic purpose is to take a file, process, parse, summarize,
accept/reject, and produce a response for the submitter. Great. As I
said, this works fine.

However...

Now I'm needing to migrate this application onto a web server, and I'm
lost on this. The idea is that people can submit their files over the
web, run them through this code, and get the same response they would
get using the other method, all interactively. But I don't know
enough about what needs to be done to have a good handle on this. Has
anyone else done something like this, and can you give me some
pointers on where to start looking. I know Java well enough to code
in it (with the API help files), but the web stuff I'm just starting
to learn, and it's all just a bit involved. Any help will be greatly
appreciated.

TIA,

Paul