Migrating C Code from OS2 to Windows

skulkrinbait

Hello, I need some help please.

I need to migrate some applications from OS2 to Windows, the source
code is C. I believe this can be done using Lex and Yacc and have
installed Cygwin with Flex and Bison which I believe are compatible but
I'm having trouble getting Flex to process the C file. I assume that
I need to write some rules for Flex to use but as I'm not familiar
with C I've no idea what the rules should be. Apologies for sounding
like a dunce here but any help would be appreciated.

mlimber

I need to migrate some applications from OS2 to Windows, the source
code is C. I believe this can be done using Lex and Yacc and have
installed Cygwin with Flex and Bison which I believe are compatible but
I'm having trouble getting Flex to process the C file. I assume that
I need to write some rules for Flex to use but as I'm not familiar
with C I've no idea what the rules should be. Apologies for sounding
like a dunce here but any help would be appreciated.

You're in the wrong newsgroup. This group deals with the standard C++
*language*, not OS/2, Windows, Cygwin, Flex, or Bison. It sometimes
deals with C insofar as it overlaps with C++, but a better group for
discussing that language is usually comp.lang.c. See this FAQ for what
is on-topic here and for a list of other places you might consider
posting:

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9

Cheers! --M

Richard Herring

Hello, I need some help please.

I need to migrate some applications from OS2 to Windows, the source
code is C. I believe this can be done using Lex and Yacc

Those are tools for writing compilers, not for compiling C code (do you
know what YACC stands for?) Writing your own C compiler is not usually a
prerequisite for compiling code on a common platform for which there are
half a dozen C and C++ compilers and IDEs readily available.

I suspect somebody in your office is having a great deal of trouble
maintaining a straight face right now.