    with C I've no idea what the rules should be. Apologies for sounding
    like a dunce here but any help would be appreciated.
    , Jul 19, 2006

  2. mlimber Guest

    wrote:
    > I need to migrate some applications from OS2 to Windows, the source
    > code is C. I believe this can be done using Lex and Yacc and have
    > installed Cygwin with Flex and Bison which I believe are compatible but
    > I'm having trouble getting Flex to process the C file. I assume that
    > I need to write some rules for Flex to use but as I'm not familiar
    > with C I've no idea what the rules should be. Apologies for sounding
    > like a dunce here but any help would be appreciated.

    You're in the wrong newsgroup. This group deals with the standard C++
    *language*, not OS/2, Windows, Cygwin, Flex, or Bison. It sometimes
    deals with C insofar as it overlaps with C++, but a better group for
    discussing that language is usually comp.lang.c. See this FAQ for what
    is on-topic here and for a list of other places you might consider
    posting:

    Cheers! --M
    mlimber, Jul 19, 2006

  3. In message <>,
    "" <> writes
    >Hello, I need some help please.
    >
    >I need to migrate some applications from OS2 to Windows, the source
    >code is C. I believe this can be done using Lex and Yacc

    Those are tools for writing compilers, not for compiling C code (do you
    know what YACC stands for?) Writing your own C compiler is not usually a
    prerequisite for compiling code on a common platform for which there are
    half a dozen C and C++ compilers and IDEs readily available.

    I suspect somebody in your office is having a great deal of trouble
    maintaining a straight face right now.

    --
    Richard Herring
    Richard Herring, Jul 19, 2006