Migrating from Borland OWL to something more up-to-date

0

0tolerance

Hi all,

this is probably off-topic here but I havent't found a group that
focuses on C++ *compilers*. Maybe someone here can provide some help
anyway but a pointer to a more appropriate group would also be very
welcome!

During the last years I've been developing a pretty large WIN32
application using Borland C++ 5.01 and the Borland OWL framework. As
this compiler and class library have become very outdated by now
I'm planning to migrate to a more up-to-date development environment,
although I know this means a huge amount of work. Is there someone who
has taken a similar step and can provide me with some recommendations
for a reasonable approach without having to start all over from scratch?
MFC, .NET or whatever are all fine with me as long as I can get a
somewhat smooth transition. I have the full source code of the OWL but
no idea if it will compile with any other Windows C++ product. A step-by-
step migration by dividing the old code into separate modules/DLLs and
integrating one after another directly with the new codebase would also be
fine.

Thanks for any clues,
Hagen

Victor Bazarov

0tolerance said:
this is probably off-topic here but I havent't found a group that
focuses on C++ *compilers*. Maybe someone here can provide some help
anyway but a pointer to a more appropriate group would also be very
welcome!

Why not try a newsgroup for your OS?