    Python to do time series analysis, or rPy to link back to R for
    analysis?

    Thanks.

    Ryan, Nov 2, 2009

  2. Hi,

    2009/11/3 Ryan <>:
    > I am a long time user of "R" for statistical analysis and find it an

    [...]

    > My question is to people who have used zoo and xts in R, what has
    > their experience been with Python? Would you recommend using native
    > Python to do time series analysis, or rPy to link back to R for
    > analysis?

    Although I haven't used 'zoo' nor 'xts' in R I use Rpy/Rpy2 because it
    seems to expose almost all(iirc) the necessary R space within Python
    space. So, if I need features in R - for e.g., importing modules -
    library('foo'), I can still have it in Python via the Rpy/Rpy2 bridge.
    On the other hand with pytseries Python library, I'd be limited to
    only run time-series analysis wouldn't I? In the end though, it all
    depends on your project requirements, resources and so forth..
    --
    Regards,
    Ishwor Gurung

    Ishwor Gurung, Nov 2, 2009