Migrating MVC based website

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Empi, Aug 22, 2010.

  1. Empi

    Empi Guest

    Hi all and thanks.

    I've recently cloned a website from one server to another.

    The website was built using mvc.

    For some reason, the moment I surf to the new copy of the website, the mvc
    rebuilds the database on the sql server.

    Any idea why?

    Could it be because of different sql server on web hosts servers?
    Could it be a "trick" the developer hardcoded to the home page that detect
    host change and rebuild the db?

    Any help would be appreciated. The mvc stuff is completely new to me.

    Empi

    Empi, Aug 22, 2010

  2. Empi

    Alex Diaz Guest

    What exaclty you mean by: the mvc rebuilds the database on the sql server?

    Alex Diaz, Aug 23, 2010