    statements. can anybody help? i tried putting the include
    statements in the html but the neither the header nor the footer show
    up
    mglover, Jul 22, 2004

  2. mglover

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    most of the time users with ASP.NET will convert their .include files to
    User Controls. Then just plop it on your page(s).

    --
    Curt Christianson
    Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

    Curt_C [MVP], Jul 22, 2004

  3. mglover

    mglover Guest

    okay i got the user controls working

    ok i've made my include statements into .ascx files and they are
    working fine. in fact, everything looks great, but the information
    in the .aspx pages lays right on top of the user controls...

    how do i orient the .aspx pages to fit around the user controls (ie
    under and to the right of the header, and above the footer)? i could
    manually move all the elements so that they fit, but then i might as
    well just build the header right into all the pages...

    (the include statements from the old, html pages had a table built
    right into them where the pages loaded to avoid this. my new
    "header"/user control also has this, if this helps)

    could you guys please help? i appreciate all the help so far!
    mglover, Jul 23, 2004
  4. mglover

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    Re: okay i got the user controls working

    what most of us do is somethign like what you said. Every page has this.

    The controls you created for header/footer/menu are dropped onto each page
    but you only have them in one location for modifying.

    Curt_C [MVP], Jul 23, 2004
  5. mglover

    wh1974 Guest

    Try taking a look in the document at 'web usercontrols'.

    The idea is that you create a .ascx file which holds the page header and
    then include this in your .aspx page.

    Wayne.

    wh1974, Jul 29, 2004