Migrating to .Net Web Services from COM+ and MSMQ Environment

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by rituchandra0972@gmail.com, Jan 27, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hello,

    We have an enterprise system that hosts VB 6.0 dlls in a COM+ and MSMQ
    environment. The primary objective being asynchronous processing. The
    client systems communicate with the service by means of both SOAP
    calls, ASP and DCOM. The COM+ objects further communicate with an
    Oracle 9i database through MDAC. We are now looking to move towards
    ..Net Web Services.

    I am little lost on the implications of such a move. What are the basic
    road blocks that one comes across in such a migration.

    1. Do we need to re-write our VB 6.0 objects again using the .Net
    framework? Or do we need to recompile them with some settings. If so
    what settings.

    2. How does an ASP.Net webservice work vis-a-vis COM+ and MSMQ.

    I would be greatly obliged if someone could point me to some resources
    on the internet where I can further explore this area.

    Regards
    , Jan 27, 2005