Migrating to production server (sql database names changed)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by H5N1, Sep 24, 2006.

  1. H5N1

    H5N1 Guest

    Hi there

    I'm currently concerned with asp.net app migration to prodution
    environment.
    I have all connection strings centralized in web.config, but to my
    horror I've just found out that in .xsd datasets almost all objects
    have full reference given ( [owner].[database-name].[object] ).

    Unfortunately, names of both databases I'm using will change in
    production setup. What steps should I follow not to ommit anything?

    Do you think that simple find & replace in xsd datasets code will do? (
    eg. replace "oldname.dbo." to "newname.dbo." ?

    Are there any other possible problems I can find after databases names
    change?

    thanks a lot
    Am.

    H5N1, Sep 24, 2006