Migrating to WTP from MyEclipse

tom.henricksen

We are trying to migrate from MyEclipse to WTP. I was looking for
suggestions on how to go about this. We are currently using Eclipse
3.1.2 and MyEclipse 4.1.1. We would like to migrate to WTP 1.0.3.
Has anyone done this? I was thinking of either unistalling MyEclipse
or just starting with a new installation as I can see pros and cons to
each way. I have tried the new install and the management of the
server is a little different in MyEclipse than WTP.
Thanks in advance,
Tom

David Orriss Jr

We are trying to migrate from MyEclipse to WTP.

May I ask why? Most people try to migrate from WTP *to* MyEclipse.
Not the other way around.

Traverse:
To ski across a slope at an angle; one of two quick and simple
methods of reducing speed.
Tree:
The other method.
-- from "The Skier's Dictionary"

tom.henricksen

David said:
May I ask why? Most people try to migrate from WTP *to* MyEclipse.
Not the other way around.

We only use MyEclipse to start our Tomcat servers. I like MyEclipse
and have used it for a few years at a different job. We used more of
the features as well. Right now though for all our developers it is
more than we need. WTP will start and stop our Tomcat and save us a
few bucks too.

David Orriss Jr

We only use MyEclipse to start our Tomcat servers. I like MyEclipse
and have used it for a few years at a different job. We used more of
the features as well. Right now though for all our developers it is
more than we need. WTP will start and stop our Tomcat and save us a
few bucks too.

Ah I see. Well, I've tried what you ask only once before. I ended up
having to create new projects and put the code in the new project. I
couldn't figure out an easy way to do otherwise.

HTH