Migration tool does not migrate FPSE user permissions on IIS 6.0with UNC share

Amol Shambharker

Hello Everyone,
I have been working on setting up a windows 2003 machine with IIS 6.0.The web server has the web directory on a UNC share on a windows 2003 server.I want to migrate websites from a windows 2000 machine to this one using the migration tool.The problem with doing this is the migration tool does not migrate the FPSE user permissions across.Part of the problem I am sure is that the windows 2000 machine has the FPSE user permissions enforced using local groups where as the windows 2003 machine does not use local machine groups.Is there some way to migrate FPSE settings across from the source to the target?One solution could be the manipulation of the roles.ini file but I could be wrong.I would really appreciate it if someone could throw some light on this issue.I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out.Thanks a lot everyone.

Amol.

Cor Ligthert

Hi Amol,

Can you tell us in what part this is language.vb related, maybe we can help
you than?

Cor