Migtating old project to new computer

Guest

Hi,

I have an old project I've been working with on an old computer, bought a
new fast computer, created a new empty project and started to include all old
files into the project. When I want to start the app I get errors but want to
continue to see what errors I get.

c:\inetpub\wwwroot\DiskoWeb\anvkto\AnvKto.aspx.vb(36): Reference required to
assembly 'System.Xml' containing the implemented interface
'System.Xml.Serialization.IXmlSerializable'. Add one to your project.

I have 25 similar errors all pointing to the word "DataSet" in every
..aspx.vp file I have. I have all these namespaces in every webform

Imports System
Imports System.Data
Imports System.Data.SqlClient
Imports System.Math
Imports System.Web
Imports System.Web.UI
Imports System.Web.UI.WebControls
Imports System.Web.UI.HtmlControls
Imports System.Configuration

What could be the cause of this?

TIA

Kenneth

Juan T. Llibre

re:
Where is your dotnet installation path on your new system?

The same as the dotnet installation path in *any* system.
There is no user option for the install path.

Guest

I found the cause of error. Using a DataSet that consumes xml needs a
System.Xml reference in the project's reference.

Kenneth P

Joaquin Corchero

As a mater of curiosity, why didn't you use the Copy project option in the
menu??

Is what I always use to transfer my development projects to live, and the
only thing I have to do once the files are in the new server is to create
the website in IIS...

Joaquin Corchero

Guest

Hi Joaquin,

You're right, but I kind of didn't tell you the whole story behind it. I
bought a new computer, but on the old computer I didn't have the original
project, I earlier had a hd crash where I didn't have a proper backup, so I
didn't have the proper project on the old machine.'

But again, your scenario is worth a point.

Kenneth P