Migtating old project to new computer

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by thedebugger, Mar 12, 2005.

  1. thedebugger

    thedebugger Guest

    Where is your dotnet installation path on your new system?

    --
    Sachin Korgaonkar
    The .NET Evangelist

    "Kenneth P" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have an old project I've been working with on an old computer, bought a
    > new fast computer, created a new empty project and started to include all

    old

    thedebugger, Mar 12, 2005

  2. Hi,

    I have an old project I've been working with on an old computer, bought a
    new fast computer, created a new empty project and started to include all old
    files into the project. When I want to start the app I get errors but want to
    continue to see what errors I get.

    c:\inetpub\wwwroot\DiskoWeb\anvkto\AnvKto.aspx.vb(36): Reference required to

    =?Utf-8?B?S2VubmV0aCBQ?=, Mar 12, 2005

  3. re:
    > Where is your dotnet installation path on your new system?

    The same as the dotnet installation path in *any* system.
    There is no user option for the install path.

    Juan T. Llibre
    ASP.NET MVP
    http://asp.net.do/foros/
    Foros de ASP.NET en Español
    Ven, y hablemos de ASP.NET...
    ======================

    Juan T. Llibre, Mar 12, 2005
  4. I found the cause of error. Using a DataSet that consumes xml needs a
    System.Xml reference in the project's reference.

    Kenneth P

    =?Utf-8?B?S2VubmV0aCBQ?=, Mar 13, 2005
  5. As a mater of curiosity, why didn't you use the Copy project option in the
    menu??

    Is what I always use to transfer my development projects to live, and the
    only thing I have to do once the files are in the new server is to create
    the website in IIS...

    Joaquin Corchero

    Joaquin Corchero, Mar 14, 2005
  6. Hi Joaquin,

    You're right, but I kind of didn't tell you the whole story behind it. I
    bought a new computer, but on the old computer I didn't have the original
    project, I earlier had a hd crash where I didn't have a proper backup, so I
    didn't have the proper project on the old machine.'

    But again, your scenario is worth a point.

    Kenneth P

    =?Utf-8?B?S2VubmV0aCBQ?=, Mar 14, 2005