Million Dollar Homepage Script

Roshawn

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can find a million dollar homepage script that works with
ASP.NET? All I've come across so far are PHP implementations and nothing for the .NET crowd.

Thanks.

Mark Rae [MVP]

Does anyone know where I can find a million dollar homepage script that
works with ASP.NET? All I've come across so far are PHP implementations
and nothing for the .NET crowd.

Response.Write("$1,000,000");

Guest

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can find a million dollar homepage script that works with
ASP.NET?  All I've come across so far are PHP implementations and nothing for the .NET crowd.

Thanks.

Save time by converting it from PHP by yourself. I don't think that
there is a lot of code

Jason Keats

Roshawn said:
Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can find a million dollar homepage script that
works with ASP.NET? All I've come across so far are PHP implementations
and nothing for the .NET crowd.

Thanks.

I don't understand your question, but perhaps you want something like
http://n2cms.com/ ?

Roshawn

Converting it from PHP sounds nice. However, I don't understand PHP all that much. The
PHP script that I downloaded (MillionDollarScript 2.0) contains well over 100 PHP files
spread out between 10 folders. I don't know where to begin. :-(

Roshawn

Take a look at MillionDollarHomepage.com. That's what I'm trying to accomplish. Most
sites like that use PHP scripts. I'd like to do the same in ASP.NET and was hoping you
guys could point me to some existing .NET code to handle the task.

Guest

Take a look at MillionDollarHomepage.com.  That's what I'm trying to accomplish.  Most
sites like that use PHP scripts.  I'd like to do the same in ASP.NET and was hoping you
guys could point me to some existing .NET code to handle the task.

Yeah, I've saw it, it was pretty good idea at that time ;-)
However, where do you see any need of over 100 PHP files there? You
*maybe* need the one to add new image and *maybe* one for the very
fist page. That's all. To make a 2-pages application should not be a
big problem. All what you need is to

1) upload form to upload new image and keep its url (for example in
the database)
2) display form with all images and urls from the database

Roshawn

Alexey said:
Yeah, I've saw it, it was pretty good idea at that time ;-)
However, where do you see any need of over 100 PHP files there? You
*maybe* need the one to add new image and *maybe* one for the very
fist page. That's all. To make a 2-pages application should not be a
big problem. All what you need is to

1) upload form to upload new image and keep its url (for example in
the database)
2) display form with all images and urls from the database

Thanks Alexey. I didn't know that I the entire thing could be reduced to a 2-page
application. I guess the number of files convinced me otherwise.

In a previous reply, someone told me about the .NET ImageMap class and various HotSpot
classes. Perhaps I can leverage those to create what I want.

Thanks again. :)

Roshawn

Patrice said:
Hundreds ?

I may underestimate the task but basically the tag map should be enough :
http://www.w3schools.com/TAGS/tag_map.asp (which can be generared using
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.webcontrols.imagemap(VS.80).aspx
in ASP.NET).

Then you'll likely have a db to store those hotspots and perhaps some
tolls to split the image into multiple chunks...

Hmm, I wasn't even aware that the .NET Framework included an ImageMap class. Nice catch.

Thank you. :)

Guest

Thanks Alexey.  I didn't know that I the entire thing could be reduced to a 2-page
application.  I guess the number of files convinced me otherwise.

In a previous reply, someone told me about the .NET ImageMap class and various HotSpot
classes.  Perhaps I can leverage those to create what I want.

Thanks again.  :)

Well I think there are few ways to do this. You just need to decide
which one is the best. If I were you I would probably load the "grid"
as a background picture and show small pictures above. This would not
require any special server controls.

Roshawn

Alexey said:
Well I think there are few ways to do this. You just need to decide
which one is the best. If I were you I would probably load the "grid"
as a background picture and show small pictures above. This would not
require any special server controls.

Great suggestion. Thanks!