MIME::Decoder::UU

Discussion in 'Perl' started by S Etchelecu, Jul 6, 2003.

  1. S Etchelecu

    S Etchelecu Guest

    I'm having trouble understanding the MIME::Decoder usage.

    Within the context of a MIME email handling program I have an array, @data,
    and I want to uuencode it. I thought I could instantiate a MIME::Decoder
    with an encoding of 'x-uuencode' and then call the encode method as,

    my $decoder = new MIME::Decoder('x-uuencode');
    $decoder->encode(@data, @uudata);

    However, the encode method only accepts STREAMs as arguments. Obviously I
    could write out the array data to a temporary file, close it, open it for
    input, open another temporary output file, call encode with the two
    temporary files, close the temporary output file, open it for input, read it
    into the uuencoded array, and then clean up the two temporary files.

    I'm hoping there is a better way and that someone might share other
    approaches with me.

    Thanks,
    Steve

    S Etchelecu, Jul 6, 2003