MIME::Parser and Yahoo...

afrinspray

I'm using a perl script to parse emails, and I'm having trouble with
this Yahoo MIME code. Can you guys think of any reason why
MIME::parser keeps cutting out everything before the quoted part
([email protected] wrote:)? What is the :39820 in the boundary?
Could it have something to do with the encoding?

<snip>
--0-501421522-1157090632=:39820

Dam that Phantom... just when I thought he went to Honduras!<br> <br>
(=
Note Dam is spelled so as to be politically
(e-mail address removed)</i></b> wrote:<blockquote class=3D"replbq"
</snip>

Everything works fine except when the emails come in from this guy.

Thanks,
Mike

Peter J. Holzer

I'm using a perl script to parse emails, and I'm having trouble with
this Yahoo MIME code. Can you guys think of any reason why
MIME::parser keeps cutting out everything before the quoted part ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
([email protected] wrote:)?

MIME is parsed from the beginning to the end. If you want us to find out what's
wrong you have to post the message at least from the beginning to the
place where something went wrong. Posting a part *after* the error
doesn't help at all. The error has already occured, so this part is
completely irrelevant.
What is the :39820 in the boundary?

No special meaning. The boundary can consist of almost arbitrary
characters.

hp