MIME::Parser and Yahoo...

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by afrinspray, Sep 6, 2006.

  1. afrinspray

    afrinspray Guest

    I'm using a perl script to parse emails, and I'm having trouble with
    this Yahoo MIME code. Can you guys think of any reason why
    MIME::parser keeps cutting out everything before the quoted part
    ( wrote:)? What is the :39820 in the boundary?
    Could it have something to do with the encoding?

    <snip>
    --0-501421522-1157090632=:39820

    Dam that Phantom... just when I thought he went to Honduras!<br> <br>
    (=
    Note Dam is spelled so as to be politically
    </i></b> wrote:<blockquote class=3D"replbq"
    </snip>

    Everything works fine except when the emails come in from this guy.

    Thanks,
    Mike
    afrinspray, Sep 6, 2006

  2. afrinspray

    afrinspray Guest

    Nvm... Yahoo text/html parts don't have a <body> tag.

    Mike

    afrinspray, Sep 6, 2006

  3. On 2006-09-06 17:22, afrinspray <> wrote:
    > I'm using a perl script to parse emails, and I'm having trouble with
    > this Yahoo MIME code. Can you guys think of any reason why
    > MIME::parser keeps cutting out everything before the quoted part

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    > ( wrote:)?

    MIME is parsed from the beginning to the end. If you want us to find out what's
    wrong you have to post the message at least from the beginning to the
    place where something went wrong. Posting a part *after* the error
    doesn't help at all. The error has already occured, so this part is
    completely irrelevant.

    > What is the :39820 in the boundary?

    No special meaning. The boundary can consist of almost arbitrary
    characters.

    hp

    |_|_) | Sysadmin WSR | > ist?
    Peter J. Holzer, Sep 6, 2006