MIME::Parser: How do I get a list of the generated filenames?

Arvin Portlock

Using the MIME::parser module parser->parse_data generates
a whole bunch of files by default (without extending filer).
There doesn't seem to be any way to actually get the names
of the files that it creates.

I've tried several things. First I tried recommended filename()
but this has no relation whatsoever to the actual filenames
that are ultimately generated.

Last I tried output_path. Seemed very promising but it seems
to lie:

my $ent = $parser->parse_data ($msg->stringify);
foreach my $part ($ent->parts_DFS) {
my $partpath = $parser->filer->output_path ($part->head);
print "$pathpath\n";
}

c:\out\msg-888-2.dat
c:\out\msg-888-3.dat
c:\out\msg-888-4.html
c:\out\04040101_i-2.gif
c:\out\040404s3_i-2.gif
c:\out\04082603_i-2.gif
c:\out\041130s1_i-2.gif
c:\out\04123103_i-2.gif

None of these files exist. There exists a file called msg-888-1.html
which wasn't reported but no file called msg-888-4.html. I can
ignore the .dat files but I need to know the other filenames.

Do I need to create my own filer?

Arvin