MIME type and application

Guest

I have a proprietary application "A" and a proprietary file extension *.xyz. If I double click on the file filename.xyz, it will be opened by application "A". My question is how to do that through *aspx page. The goal here is to dynamically generate the *.xyz based some kind of id and connect the generated file with application "A". I looked through registry and it didn't seems there is mime type associated with it. Any ideas? articles?

Thanks
Qin

Natty Gur

Hi,

You need to set the mime type on client machines. here an articale about
mime setting :
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.
com:80/support/kb/articles/Q161/5/62.ASP&NoWebContent=1

or

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:96cfKROPWkUJ:www.vrmlworlds.com/mul
tiplugins.html+registery+mime+extension+&hl=en

HTH

Natty Gur[MVP]

blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur
Mobile: +972-(0)52-8888377