MIME type of war file

Roedy Green

What is the mime type of a war file?

It is treated as a zip? jar? something else?

Does anyone know where Sun has some war files publicly posted so I
could see what MIME type they are using?

--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

"The industrial civilisation is based on the consumption of energy resources that are inherently limited in quantity, and that are about to become scarce. When they do, competition for what remains will trigger dramatic economic and geopolitical events; in the end, it may be impossible for even a single nation to sustain industrialism as we have know it in the twentieth century."
~ Richard Heinberg, The Party’s Over: Oil, War, and the Fate of Industrial Societies

Roedy Green

Does anyone know where Sun has some war files publicly posted so I
could see what MIME type they are using?

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/appdev/sample/

is using text/plain

That seems odd.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

"The industrial civilisation is based on the consumption of energy resources that are inherently limited in quantity, and that are about to become scarce. When they do, competition for what remains will trigger dramatic economic and geopolitical events; in the end, it may be impossible for even a single nation to sustain industrialism as we have know it in the twentieth century."
~ Richard Heinberg, The Party’s Over: Oil, War, and the Fate of Industrial Societies

Roedy Green

Does anyone know where Sun has some war files publicly posted so I
could see what MIME type they are using?

google is using
application/x-zip

http://code.google.com/p/gwt-examples/downloads/detail?name=Calendar.war&can=2&q=