    http://mindprod.com

    "The industrial civilisation is based on the consumption of energy resources that are inherently limited in quantity, and that are about to become scarce. When they do, competition for what remains will trigger dramatic economic and geopolitical events; in the end, it may be impossible for even a single nation to sustain industrialism as we have know it in the twentieth century."
    ~ Richard Heinberg, The Party’s Over: Oil, War, and the Fate of Industrial Societies
    Roedy Green, Jul 24, 2009

  2. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 13:02:53 -0700, Roedy Green
    <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    someone who said :

    >Does anyone know where Sun has some war files publicly posted so I
    >could see what MIME type they are using?

    http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/appdev/sample/

    is using text/plain

    That seems odd.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products

    Roedy Green, Jul 24, 2009

  3. Roedy Green

    someone who said :

    >Does anyone know where Sun has some war files publicly posted so I
    >could see what MIME type they are using?

    google is using
    application/x-zip

    http://code.google.com/p/gwt-examples/downloads/detail?name=Calendar.war&can=2&q=

    Roedy Green, Jul 24, 2009
  4. Roedy Green

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Roedy Green wrote:
    > On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 13:02:53 -0700, Roedy Green
    > <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    > someone who said :
    >> Does anyone know where Sun has some war files publicly posted so I
    >> could see what MIME type they are using?

    > http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/appdev/sample/
    >
    > is using text/plain

    Yes.

    Treating it as text may create corruption due to different
    line conventions.

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, Jul 25, 2009
  5. Roedy Green

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Roedy Green wrote:
    > On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 13:02:53 -0700, Roedy Green
    > <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted
    > someone who said :
    >> Does anyone know where Sun has some war files publicly posted so I
    >> could see what MIME type they are using?

    > google is using
    > application/x-zip
    >
    > http://code.google.com/p/gwt-examples/downloads/detail?name=Calendar.war&can=2&q=

    That makes sense.

    A war is in zip format.

    And for download it does not have any special meaning (that is only
    for servlet containers).

    Go for it.

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, Jul 25, 2009