Mime types are different for certain users

jmferguson

I currently have a file upload button located on my asp.net page. I
have set up the file input to only accept "text/richtext", b/c we
currently only support .rtf files. This has worked great for the past
year until very recently. Currently some users hitting the website are
uploading files and receiving errors b/c the mime type has changed to
"application/msword". The exact document is loaded by another user and
it uploads fine. I know that I can add functionality into the code to
accept "application/msword" but I was wondering if anybody knows the
cause or has any thoughts. All users receiving the error are running
IE 6 - XP - SP2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.