MIME Types in .Net (urgent)

Awah Teh

Is there a good resource, or could somebody please guide me on MIME-type
interaction in .Net? What I want to do, is build an application that could
open files of a certain type (for argument sake say a file type of .xyz).
When the user double clicks on a file with that extension, windows will load
my application since the mime type of my application is related to .xyz
files.

That part is done, the catch here is, if I already have an instance of my
application running, I want the already open instance of my application to
handle the call made by the user double clicking on the ".xyz" file - rather
than pop-up another instance of my application which it seems to doing now.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks In Advance

--
Awah Teh
DigicentriQ Technologies, LLC

Fergus Cooney

Hi Awah,

That's a misleading title you've got there. Yours is how to have only one
instance of my application running issue. Nothing to do with MIME.

However. :)

Here's a link to an MSDN article to give you some ideas. It'll be split
onto two lines so join them up in Notepad or something.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnwinforms/ht
ml/reaworapps1.asp

There was also the same question just a few days ago in the
dotnet.languages.vb group. Topic - How to: Maximize window from the Main
function?, dated 15th Sep 2003, where there is a class given which does the
job of transferring from a secondary instance of a program to the first. It
doesn't (yet) have any communication between them, though. You could, perhaps,
use the Registry to store the parameters and the Activate event to retrieve
them.

Regards,
Fergus