Miminmize window affects the page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by milkyway, Sep 27, 2005.

  1. milkyway

    milkyway Guest

    Hello everyone,

    I have a page that is being displayed in a browser (Microsoft IE). When
    one reduces the size of the IE browser, one has a choice of the
    following: maximize (gets a full-screen result), medium-sized (where
    the browser window is smaller) and minimized.

    I would like it so that when the browser window becomes medium-sized,
    that the web page being displayed in the browser stays the same size
    and does not adjust to fit into the medim sized window. In my case,
    when the medium sized window is chosen, the controls are shifted around
    ;-/

    So, what would be nice is when if the medium-sized window is chosen,
    then the controls would remain in the same spot and the page stays the
    same size.

    What can I set to accomplish this?

    Any help, hints or advice is appreciated

    TIA

    milkyway, Sep 27, 2005

  2. milkyway

    David Ross Guest

    milkyway wrote:

    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I have a page that is being displayed in a browser (Microsoft IE). When
    > one reduces the size of the IE browser, one has a choice of the
    > following: maximize (gets a full-screen result), medium-sized (where
    > the browser window is smaller) and minimized.
    >
    > I would like it so that when the browser window becomes medium-sized,
    > that the web page being displayed in the browser stays the same size
    > and does not adjust to fit into the medim sized window. In my case,
    > when the medium sized window is chosen, the controls are shifted around
    > ;-/
    >
    > So, what would be nice is when if the medium-sized window is chosen,
    > then the controls would remain in the same spot and the page stays the
    > same size.
    >
    > What can I set to accomplish this?
    >
    > Any help, hints or advice is appreciated

    I just finished a two-week survey of what browsers were used to
    access my Web site. A number of accesses were done via mobile
    platforms, that is Web-capable cell phones. Add to that the number
    of users who still prefer 800x600 displays (including me even
    though I can set my display to 1280x1024); and 25% of those who
    view the Web have 800x600 as their maximum resolution.

    Take all this into account. By trying to design a Web page for a
    fixed window size, you are creating a mess for all those users.

    --

    David E. Ross
    <URL:http://www.rossde.com/>

    complies with Web standards. See <URL:http://www.mozilla.org/>.