    All HTML pages are valid XHTML Strict, the CSS is valid aswell.

    Thanks for your help
    , Nov 28, 2008

  2. schrieb:

    > On the contact page the div behind the form ignores the min-height:
    > http://schnittstudio.ch/kontakt.html

    > In Firefox it works alright. I am trying to make it look like that in
    > IE and Opera.

    IE does not support min-height. Instead, it treats height as min-height.
    (this is true for IE<7, not sure about IE7) I haven't looked at your
    code, but theoretically, your problem could be solved by specifying a
    width or height (other than "auto") for the div. Alternatively, you can
    try the M$-proprietary "zoom: 1" rule, but in that case you CSS would no
    longer validate.

    Explanation: With IE, every element can have a special internal property
    called "layout". Basically, this property causes the element to enclose
    all of its children and not let anything of itself "leak out". In
    addition, it often fixes buggy behaviour. Thus, in many cases, problems
    can be fixed by giving this "layout" property to the element in
    question. It cannot be assigned directly, however. Instead, there are a
    number of CSS properties that, if set, will automatically cause the
    element to "have layout". Among them: explicit width or height and the
    proprietary "zoom".

    I suggest you use conditional comments to feed an additional stylesheet
    to IE only which contains all the necessary fixes for that browser.
    (Advantage: this stylesheet does not need to validate and can use any
    M$-proprietary stuff you want.) Fixes for specific versions of IE can be
    applied using CSS hacks within this IE stylsheet.

    An example of this can be found here:
    http://www.mlynarczyk-webdesign.de/ng/three-columns-layout/

    More information on IE bugs and how to fix them:
    http://www.positioniseverything.net/explorer.html

    Greetings,
    Thomas

    --
    Ce n'est pas parce qu'ils sont nombreux à avoir tort qu'ils ont raison!
    (Coluche)
    Thomas Mlynarczyk, Nov 28, 2008

  3. dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    wrote:

    > Hi all
    >
    > Please have a look at the following site:
    > http://schnittstudio.ch
    > Username for login: 2345
    > Password for login: 2345
    >
    > On the contact page the div behind the form ignores the min-height:
    > http://schnittstudio.ch/kontakt.html
    >
    > In Firefox it works alright. I am trying to make it look like that in
    > IE and Opera.

    Congratulations on an extremely attractive webpage. Bold and beautiful
    and simple!

    IE6 does not recognise min-width or min-height.

    On the weekend last, as it happened, I added a page or two to:

    <http://netweaver.com.au/floatHouse/>

    (which is designed to be seen in anything modern but IE6)

    You will find page 9 might address your concern. At the bottom of page 9
    is a link to an appendix page:

    <http://netweaver.com.au/floatHouse/appendices/page9_1.php>

    meant to be seen in IE 6 which has a demo of a couple of things to do to
    make a parent container 'see" its floated children and grow height for
    them.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Nov 28, 2008

    On 28 Nov., 22:23, dorayme <> wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    >
    >   wrote:
    > > Hi all

    > > Please have a look at the following site:
    > >http://schnittstudio.ch
    > > Username for login: 2345
    > > Password for login: 2345

    > > On the contact page the div behind the form ignores the min-height:
    > >http://schnittstudio.ch/kontakt.html

    > > In Firefox it works alright. I am trying to make it look like that in
    > > IE and Opera.

    > Congratulations on an extremely attractive webpage. Bold and beautiful
    > and simple!
    >
    > IE6 does not recognise min-width or min-height.
    >
    > On the weekend last, as it happened, I added a page or two to:
    >
    > <http://netweaver.com.au/floatHouse/>
    >
    > (which is designed to be seen in anything modern but IE6)
    >
    > You will find page 9 might address your concern. At the bottom of page 9
    > is a link to an appendix page:
    >
    > <http://netweaver.com.au/floatHouse/appendices/page9_1.php>
    >
    > meant to be seen in IE 6 which has a demo of a couple of things to do to
    > make a parent container 'see" its floated children and grow height for
    > them.
    >
    > --
    > dorayme

    Hello,
    Thank you, Dorayme and Thomas, verry much for this great help.
    I didn't found time jet to work it out, but i post it if it is looking
    fine on my site.
    Dorayme, thank you for your website and all this great information you
    give for free to the world.
    Urs
    , Nov 30, 2008