    }

    Thanks
    , Oct 7, 2006

  2. dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    wrote:

    > I created a table with the following style for each cell. It worked
    > fine for MSIE but when opened in Firefox/Opera, the cells collapsed
    > What do I need to change to make it work in the other broswers as well.
    >

    > .workplan td{
    > padding: 0px;
    > min-height: 17px;
    > border: 1px solid #cccccc;
    > }

    What is the point of the min-height?

    You mean for the relevant HTML to be something like:

    ?

    min-height makes no difference at all in this situation in IE Mac
    as well as other browsers.

    What does "cell collapse" look like in this situation? They look
    fine upstanding cells to me in FF and Safari and iCab and Mac
    IE... even with your css.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Oct 7, 2006

  3. Ben C Guest

    On 2006-10-07, <> wrote:
    > I created a table with the following style for each cell. It worked
    > fine for MSIE but when opened in Firefox/Opera, the cells collapsed
    > What do I need to change to make it work in the other broswers as well.
    >

    > .workplan td{
    > padding: 0px;
    > min-height: 17px;
    > border: 1px solid #cccccc;
    >
    > }

    Just use height: 17px.

    Height is interpreted as a minimum height on table cells anyway.
    Ben C, Oct 7, 2006

    Ben C wrote:
    > On 2006-10-07, <> wrote:
    > > I created a table with the following style for each cell. It worked
    > > fine for MSIE but when opened in Firefox/Opera, the cells collapsed
    > > What do I need to change to make it work in the other broswers as well.
    > >

    > > .workplan td{
    > > padding: 0px;
    > > min-height: 17px;
    > > border: 1px solid #cccccc;
    > >
    > > }

    > Just use height: 17px.
    >
    > Height is interpreted as a minimum height on table cells anyway.

    Thanks, I changed min-height to height as you suggested and it worked.
    , Oct 7, 2006