    It works in Safari and IE7.

    Thanks,
    Pirolla.

    Pirolla, Apr 24, 2009

  2. Pirolla

    rf Guest

    Pirolla wrote:
    > Hello!
    >
    > If you go to this page http://pirolla.com/teste and resize a Firefox

    You might just have mentioned the type of content you have in there, for
    various reasons, including a wife sitting at the next computer over
    there --->

    > (3.0.9) window down you can see that the images starts to flow to the
    > next line. The problem is that the fourth image doesn't. Can anyone
    > explain this behavior?

    What you describe is nothing like the behaviour I see in any browser.

    I see five images on one "line" and one on the next "line". On browser
    resize (all browsers) I see normal wrap behaviour.

    --
    Richard.

    rf, Apr 24, 2009

  3. Pirolla

    Pirolla Guest

    > > If you go to this pagehttp://pirolla.com/testeand resize a Firefox
    >
    > You might just have mentioned the type of content you have in there, for
    > various reasons, including a wife sitting at the next computer over
    > there --->

    Say sorry for me (blushes). There wasn't any nude, though. I replaced
    them all for a pair of legs that shouldn't be of any problem.
    Thanks Richard.

    > What you describe is nothing like the behaviour I see in any browser.
    >
    > I see five images on one "line" and one on the next "line". On browser
    > resize (all browsers) I see normal wrap behaviour.

    I swear to god that the fourth image wasn't wraping on a Firefox 3.0.9
    on a Mac and on a Firefox Ubuntu on a Virtual Machine either... I
    can't test it on a Mac now, though... :-|

    --
    Pirolla.

    Pirolla, Apr 24, 2009
  4. Pirolla schrieb:

    > I swear to god that the fourth image wasn't wraping on a Firefox 3.0.9
    > on a Mac and on a Firefox Ubuntu on a Virtual Machine either... I
    > can't test it on a Mac now, though... :-|

    It does Wrap in Firefox under Mandriva Linux...

    Johannes Hafner, Apr 24, 2009
  5. On Apr 24, 9:52 am, Pirolla <> wrote:
    > I swear to god that the fourth image wasn't wraping on a Firefox 3.0.9
    > on a Mac and on a Firefox Ubuntu on a Virtual Machine either... I
    > can't test it on a Mac now, though... :-|

    Uh-huh... I think someone has been partaking of the herb...

    Travis Newbury, Apr 24, 2009
  6. Pirolla

    Pirolla Guest

    > > I swear to god that the fourth image wasn't wraping on a Firefox 3.0.9
    > > on a Mac and on a Firefox Ubuntu on a Virtual Machine either... I
    > > can't test it on a Mac now, though... :-|

    > Uh-huh... I think someone has been partaking of the herb...

    http://pirolla.com/teste/NotYet.png

    As you can see, Firefox on a Mac doesn't respect the normal wrap
    behaviour. Or is something wrong with the code? The display of the
    images are set to inline...

    Thanks,
    Pirolla.

    Pirolla, Apr 24, 2009
  7. Pirolla

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 24 Apr 2009, Pirolla <> wrote:

    > Hello!
    >
    > If you go to this page http://pirolla.com/teste and resize a Firefox
    > (3.0.9) window down you can see that the images starts to flow to the
    > next line. The problem is that the fourth image doesn't. Can anyone
    > explain this behavior?
    >
    > It works in Safari and IE7.

    Although the css validator seems to make no complaint, in css 2.1 the
    "overflow" attribute applies to "non-replaced block-level elements,
    table cells, and inline-block elements" by spec. I suggest removing it
    from the image (which may or may not help in ff but is a wise move,
    nontheless.)

    --
    Neredbojias
    People who live in glass houses must feel funny peeing.

    Neredbojias, Apr 24, 2009
  8. Pirolla

    Pirolla Guest

    > Although the css validator seems to make no complaint, in css 2.1 the
    > "overflow" attribute applies to "non-replaced block-level elements,
    > table cells, and inline-block elements" by spec.  I suggest removing it
    > from the image (which may or may not help in ff but is a wise move,
    > nontheless.)

    Thanks!

    It doesn't wrap the fourth img even without any css on the images.

    Pirolla.

    Pirolla, Apr 24, 2009
  9. Pirolla

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Pirolla <> wrote:

    > Hello!
    >
    > If you go to this page http://pirolla.com/teste and resize a Firefox
    > (3.0.9) window down you can see that the images starts to flow to the
    > next line. The problem is that the fourth image doesn't. Can anyone
    > explain this behavior?
    >
    > It works in Safari and IE7.

    You are running up to a limit where the browsers stops calculating due
    to there being a browser built-in or option-set min lower limit to
    browser window itself.

    Different browsers have different limits.

    Compare pure cases of your phenomena:

    <http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/pirolla.html>

    No such trouble in any browser, presumably with:

    <http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/pirolla2.html>

    Now, if you look carefully, at the first URL, you get the same behaviour
    in Safari on the Mac as on FF. But if you increase the width of the img
    a bit, Safari starts behaving to wrap that fourth image, but not FF

    <http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/pirolla3.html>

    Mac iCab is the brilliant one and really has its brain engaged to the
    last inch! Opera is also brilliant.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Apr 24, 2009
  10. Pirolla

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Pirolla <> wrote:

    > The display of the
    > images are set to inline...

    btw, this is default. There is much unnecessary and wrong things in your
    markup... but none of it was the cause of what you were running up
    against.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Apr 24, 2009
  11. Pirolla

    Pirolla Guest

    > btw, this is default. There is much unnecessary and wrong things in your
    > markup... but none of it was the cause of what you were running up
    > against.

    I was desperate... :]
    And in the big picture some of the unnecessary things were
    necessary...

    Big thanks for this, it was driving me mad.

    Pirolla.

    Pirolla, Apr 25, 2009