min-width doubt.

Pirolla

Hello!

If you go to this page http://pirolla.com/teste and resize a Firefox
(3.0.9) window down you can see that the images starts to flow to the
next line. The problem is that the fourth image doesn't. Can anyone
explain this behavior?

It works in Safari and IE7.

Thanks,
Pirolla.

rf

Pirolla said:
Hello!

If you go to this page http://pirolla.com/teste and resize a Firefox

You might just have mentioned the type of content you have in there, for
various reasons, including a wife sitting at the next computer over
there --->
(3.0.9) window down you can see that the images starts to flow to the
next line. The problem is that the fourth image doesn't. Can anyone
explain this behavior?

What you describe is nothing like the behaviour I see in any browser.

I see five images on one "line" and one on the next "line". On browser
resize (all browsers) I see normal wrap behaviour.

Pirolla

If you go to this pagehttp://pirolla.com/testeand resize a Firefox
You might just have mentioned the type of content you have in there, for
various reasons, including a wife sitting at the next computer over
there --->

Say sorry for me (blushes). There wasn't any nude, though. I replaced
them all for a pair of legs that shouldn't be of any problem.
Thanks Richard.
What you describe is nothing like the behaviour I see in any browser.

I see five images on one "line" and one on the next "line". On browser
resize (all browsers) I see normal wrap behaviour.

I swear to god that the fourth image wasn't wraping on a Firefox 3.0.9
on a Mac and on a Firefox Ubuntu on a Virtual Machine either... I
can't test it on a Mac now, though... :-|

Johannes Hafner

Pirolla said:
I swear to god that the fourth image wasn't wraping on a Firefox 3.0.9
on a Mac and on a Firefox Ubuntu on a Virtual Machine either... I
can't test it on a Mac now, though... :-|

It does Wrap in Firefox under Mandriva Linux...

Travis Newbury

I swear to god that the fourth image wasn't wraping on a Firefox 3.0.9
on a Mac and on a Firefox Ubuntu on a Virtual Machine either... I
can't test it on a Mac now, though... :-|

Uh-huh... I think someone has been partaking of the herb...

Pirolla

I swear to god that the fourth image wasn't wraping on a Firefox 3.0.9
Uh-huh... I think someone has been partaking of the herb...

http://pirolla.com/teste/NotYet.png

As you can see, Firefox on a Mac doesn't respect the normal wrap
behaviour. Or is something wrong with the code? The display of the
images are set to inline...

Thanks,
Pirolla.

Neredbojias

Hello!

If you go to this page http://pirolla.com/teste and resize a Firefox
(3.0.9) window down you can see that the images starts to flow to the
next line. The problem is that the fourth image doesn't. Can anyone
explain this behavior?

It works in Safari and IE7.

Although the css validator seems to make no complaint, in css 2.1 the
"overflow" attribute applies to "non-replaced block-level elements,
table cells, and inline-block elements" by spec. I suggest removing it
from the image (which may or may not help in ff but is a wise move,
nontheless.)

Pirolla

Although the css validator seems to make no complaint, in css 2.1 the
"overflow" attribute applies to "non-replaced block-level elements,
table cells, and inline-block elements" by spec.  I suggest removing it
from the image (which may or may not help in ff but is a wise move,
nontheless.)

Thanks!

It doesn't wrap the fourth img even without any css on the images.

Pirolla.

dorayme

Pirolla said:
Hello!

If you go to this page http://pirolla.com/teste and resize a Firefox
(3.0.9) window down you can see that the images starts to flow to the
next line. The problem is that the fourth image doesn't. Can anyone
explain this behavior?

It works in Safari and IE7.

You are running up to a limit where the browsers stops calculating due
to there being a browser built-in or option-set min lower limit to
browser window itself.

Different browsers have different limits.

Compare pure cases of your phenomena:

<http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/pirolla.html>

No such trouble in any browser, presumably with:

<http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/pirolla2.html>

Now, if you look carefully, at the first URL, you get the same behaviour
in Safari on the Mac as on FF. But if you increase the width of the img
a bit, Safari starts behaving to wrap that fourth image, but not FF

<http://dorayme.netweaver.com.au/pirolla3.html>

Mac iCab is the brilliant one and really has its brain engaged to the
last inch! Opera is also brilliant.

dorayme

Pirolla said:
The display of the
images are set to inline...

btw, this is default. There is much unnecessary and wrong things in your
markup... but none of it was the cause of what you were running up
against.

Pirolla

btw, this is default. There is much unnecessary and wrong things in your
markup... but none of it was the cause of what you were running up
against.

I was desperate... :]
And in the big picture some of the unnecessary things were
necessary...

Big thanks for this, it was driving me mad.

Pirolla.