MindForth 27.JAN.2008

Discussion in 'Java' started by mentifex@myuw.net, Jan 27, 2008.

  1. Guest

    Java knowledge is a major job skill for programmers.
    AI knowledge is not yet much in demand, but it will
    be once word gets out that AI has been solved and
    needs to be ported from Forth into Java for robots.

    Since the AI software solution on 22 January 2008,
    we are improving the basic, original AI Mind and we
    are releasing our AI "labnotes" to spread the word.
    Today we are tweaking the "EEG" AI flatliner code
    that brings a brain-dead AI back to life when the
    artificial intelligence has gotten stuck in a rut by
    generating the same thought repeatedly or by
    failing to generate any thought at all.

    The artificial mind, whether executed in Forth or
    Java, needs to reactivate its old concepts when a
    human user fails to answer a question posed by the
    AI about some new concept (or typographical error)
    entered by the user during dialog with the AI Mind.
    Previously we have gotten the AI to think of the
    oldest concept in its knowledge base (KB); now we
    need to engineer not just remembering the concept
    but also creating a thought about the concept,
    so that the robot AI Mind will let its musings
    wander along a meandering chain of thought.

    Since we want high school teachers and members of
    robotics clubs not only to demonstrate the AI but
    also to see how long they can keep the AI alive on
    a computer surrounded by unpredictable human beings,
    we need to keep the meandering chains of thought
    going so that human beings will be sufficiently
    intrigued to devote time in service of the AI Mind.
    Accordingly we open up the codaver for psychosurgery.

    In the display of output below, we see that the oldest
    concept "CATS" is briefly the reentrant "psi" concept
    in Audition. Therefore we need to trap that "psi" value
    as the "redux" concept to be brought back to life.

    Calling EGO (AI4U Chapter 20); inert = 15
    Repetitious thought detected; EGO module steps in.
    EGO Module recalls the oldest memory --
    AUD: psi topic redux 0 82 82 A
    AUD: psi topic redux 0 82 82 T
    AUD: psi topic redux 0 82 82 S
    AUD: psi topic redux 76 82 82
    AUD: psi topic redux 0 82 82
    EGO: psi & topic = 0 82
    English calls Ask to increase the AI knowledge base.
    Ask-module calls whatAuxSDo to generate a question.

    After we trap the Audition "psi" value only during
    rentry and only when "EEG" is at a flatliner zero,
    we see the AI resurrect the oldest concept #76 "CATS".

    AUD: EEG = 1 psi = 0 topic = 82 redux = 0
    SVO: thotcyc & thtnum = 3 82000000
    SVO: thot1 = 82000000
    SVO: thot2 = 82000000
    SVO: thot3 = 82000000

    Calling EGO (AI4U Chapter 20); inert = 15
    Repetitious thought detected; EGO module steps in.
    EGO Module recalls the oldest memory --
    AUD: EEG = 0 psi = 0 topic = 82 redux = 0 A
    AUD: EEG = 0 psi = 0 topic = 82 redux = 0 T
    AUD: EEG = 0 psi = 0 topic = 82 redux = 0 S
    AUD: EEG = 0 psi = 76 topic = 82 redux = 76
    AUD: EEG = 0 psi = 0 topic = 82 redux = 76
    EGO: EEG = 0 psi = 0 topic = 82 redux = 76

    Finally, the oldest concept springs to life
    as the subject of a sentence, so that the AI
    may follow meandering chains of thought.
    Now who will code the AI Mind in Java?

    ATM/Mentifex
    --
    http://www.kurzweilai.net/mindx/profile.php?id=26