ming on win32 anyone ? [help a noob]

daz.diamond

hoping someone can help ...

how do I install ming (with python) on win32? have downloaded the tar.gz
of ming-0.3.0 which doesn't have a handy self-installer, and I'm
absolutely foxed as to what to do next ... the install instructions in
the package seem to be linux oriented, which to me may as well be in greek

any clues much appreciated, thx

daz

programmer.py

hoping someone can help ...

how do I install ming (with python) on win32? have downloaded the tar.gz
of ming-0.3.0 which doesn't have a handy self-installer, and I'm
absolutely foxed as to what to do next ... the install instructions in
the package seem to be linux oriented, which to me may as well be in greek

any clues much appreciated, thx

daz

I don't know what you've downloaded, but it does not sound like the
right thing, err ming. The installer found here is 5.1.3.

Maybe you should consider cygwin?

jw

Thomas Heller

daz.diamond said:
hoping someone can help ...

how do I install ming (with python) on win32? have downloaded the
tar.gz of ming-0.3.0 which doesn't have a handy self-installer, and
I'm absolutely foxed as to what to do next ... the install
instructions in the package seem to be linux oriented, which to me
may as well be in greek

any clues much appreciated, thx

daz

Maybe you want this one:

http://www.develer.com/oss/GccWinBinaries

Quote from that page:

"""
Unofficial MinGW GCC binaries for Windows

This page contains a friendly installer for GCC 4.1.2 for Windows (native "mingw" win32 version).
It's an unofficial release, not promoted by the MinGW project. It features full Python integration.
"""

daz.diamond

I think the OP is referring to this: http://ming.sourceforge.net/

If so, it looks like it needs manual compilation using a C/C++
compiler of some sort.

Mike

yup, ming as in the ability to make swf files ... got it running with
php no problem, but python seems another story ...
manual compilation using c/c++ sounds complicated - is this the sort of
thing i could do without knowledge of c/c++ or am i just barking at
lamp-posts ?

thx
daz