mingw extension modules hang

Discussion in 'Python' started by Peter Bienstman, Jul 24, 2006.

  1. Hi,

    I'm having some problems with scripts using Python extension modules compiled
    using mingw.

    * Some of them work fine if I run them from a command prompt. However, if I
    double click on them, or run them from within IDLE, they seem to hang.
    * Other scripts always seem to hang, even if I start them from the command
    prompt.

    If I try running the extension module through gdb and I manage to interrupt
    it, it seems to be hanging in
    _C__loewis_release_python_PCBuild_libpython24_a_iname()

    Could this have anything to do with the mixing of MSVCRT and MSVCR71, or do
    issues related to that have a different signature?

    It's a fairly complex extension module, requiring Boost.Python and Blitz,
    using scons for the building of the dll, rather than distutils.

    Needless to say, they run fine under Linux.

    Peter

    Peter Bienstman, Jul 24, 2006