mini-contest: eigenclass.org "Happy 2007!" Ruby challenge (2007-01-06 20H UTC)

Mauricio Fernandez

http://eigenclass.org/rubychallenge2007

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find the secret message
hidden in a Ruby script, follow the instructions to generate the code that
will prove you've found the message, and report it via eigenclass.org (more
details at the above address).

Here's what people had to say about a similar puzzle I made last year:

Wow, I'm really impressed. That was a tough (and fun) puzzle.
-- Kevin Ballard

Thanks Mauricio, you made my day!
-- olivier

My head hurts. Took me nearly two hours
-- aniero

How long will it take?
Anything from a few minutes (say 20 minutes if you're having a good day and
aren't easily scared off by tricky Ruby code, but I cannot really tell, it
might take a few hours this time) to several hours. Many will give up before,
though :)

If I do well, can I add it to my CV?
If you've also mentioned your MUDCRAP-CE (issued by Zed A. Shaw, MUDCRAP-CE
Master Black Belt Sifu), you might add it to the honors and awards section.