mini-contest: eigenclass.org "Happy 2007!" Ruby challenge (2007-01-06 20H UTC)

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Mauricio Fernandez, Jan 5, 2007.

  1. http://eigenclass.org/rubychallenge2007

    Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find the secret message
    hidden in a Ruby script, follow the instructions to generate the code that
    will prove you've found the message, and report it via eigenclass.org (more
    details at the above address).

    Here's what people had to say about a similar puzzle I made last year:

    Wow, I'm really impressed. That was a tough (and fun) puzzle.
    -- Kevin Ballard

    Thanks Mauricio, you made my day!
    -- olivier

    My head hurts. Took me nearly two hours
    -- aniero

    How long will it take?
    ======================
    Anything from a few minutes (say 20 minutes if you're having a good day and
    aren't easily scared off by tricky Ruby code, but I cannot really tell, it
    might take a few hours this time) to several hours. Many will give up before,
    though :)

    If I do well, can I add it to my CV?
    If you've also mentioned your MUDCRAP-CE (issued by Zed A. Shaw, MUDCRAP-CE
    Master Black Belt Sifu), you might add it to the honors and awards section.

    --
    Mauricio Fernandez - http://eigenclass.org - singular Ruby

    Mauricio Fernandez, Jan 5, 2007