Mini - javascript library with small footprint

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Tim Morgan, May 18, 2005.

  1. Tim Morgan

    Tim Morgan Guest

    Announcing version 0.1 of Mini - the JavaScript library with a small
    footprint.

    http://timmorgan.org/wiki/Mini

    I'm attempting to create a client-side JavaScript library that's small
    yet useful. I'd love to get some feedback (and perhaps help) from you
    guys.

    Mini is released under an MIT license.

    At the moment, Mini includes components for doing simple Ajax
    communication and form validation. I can see many more components
    coming in the near future.

    Granted, there are bazillions of JavaScript libraries/APIs out there
    screaming for our attention, and even in the age of (mostly)
    standards-compliant browsers, using the DOM raw is almost fun, but I
    still believe there are enough situations where browser
    incompatibilities and the need for re-use of components is big enough
    that a lightweight library is useful.

    Furthermore, I'm getting tired of all the libraries out there that:

    1. Think I write entire pages from JavaScript.
    I don't use JavaScript to write HTML, thank you.

    2. Are well over 30KB, even if you only need one small part.

    3. Aren't free (I mean as in speech *and* beer)

    Again, I'd love to get your feedback and help, if you're interested.

    Tim Morgan, May 18, 2005