Mini project suggestions

Martijn Lievaart

There are several places online which document the standard library,
e.g. www.dinkumware.com , but they only *document it*, the
Josuttis book *explains* how it works and gives advice how
to use it effectively. Another similar book which is more
oriented toward application of the library rather than
dissecting it, is Austern's "Generic Programming and the
"STL".

I would add "Effective STL" by Meyers as an add-on. Indispensible to
learn the STL imho.

M4

Gene Wirchenko

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 08:48:39 GMT, "Nils Petter Vaskinn"

[snip]
Unless you have used some implementation specific way to move the cursor
around it will.

But since we are discussing something implementation-specific,
that is rather likely, no?
It's not a pretty solution, but the whole point is to have something that
does the job, and then you can replace it with a pretty but
platform/library dependent solution later.

If you want to be sure of clearing the screen, print two times as
many lines. Well, sure on a system where the newlines cause
scrolling. I have seen terminals that did not (Tektronix
(?spelling)).

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko