Mini search engine (call center)...

A. Nonymous

Hello,

I have developed a call tracking system for a small call center
utilizing an ASP server and an MSSQL server where the call center reps use
IE6 to enter in details of calls though the company's intranet system. I
have also made a search engine that basically uses a dynamic stored
procedure in the SQL server to cough up the results and search through the
old calls. The serch screen works fine on those smaller searches but it can
take its time (and sometimes sputter out) on the larger searches.

I do wish to improve the search screens performance. Currently, every
thing conforms to ASP 3.0. I display the result using a table in an iframe
which is not the most efficient but it was the easiest thing I could come up
with at the time. I am wondering if there is anything that ASP.NET could
offer to improve its performance? Would it be better to develop a VB.NET
plugin to perform this task? I have learned a fair bit about ASP but not
ASP.NET.

Any suggestions welcome...

TIA

A.

A. Nonymous

I didn't get that far with T-SQL. I've been trying to learn ASP, T-SQL,
HTML and JavaScript simutaneously. I will look into it.

Thanks!

Bojidar Alexandrov

Most probably your problem lies on database side and not in the ASP.
Execute only search procedures and watch performance.