Mini search engine (call center)...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by A. Nonymous, Apr 21, 2004.

  1. A. Nonymous

    A. Nonymous Guest

    Hello,

    I have developed a call tracking system for a small call center
    utilizing an ASP server and an MSSQL server where the call center reps use
    IE6 to enter in details of calls though the company's intranet system. I
    have also made a search engine that basically uses a dynamic stored
    procedure in the SQL server to cough up the results and search through the
    old calls. The serch screen works fine on those smaller searches but it can
    take its time (and sometimes sputter out) on the larger searches.

    I do wish to improve the search screens performance. Currently, every
    thing conforms to ASP 3.0. I display the result using a table in an iframe
    which is not the most efficient but it was the easiest thing I could come up
    with at the time. I am wondering if there is anything that ASP.NET could
    offer to improve its performance? Would it be better to develop a VB.NET
    plugin to perform this task? I have learned a fair bit about ASP but not
    ASP.NET.

    Any suggestions welcome...

    TIA

    A.
    A. Nonymous, Apr 21, 2004

  2. A. Nonymous

    A. Nonymous Guest

    I didn't get that far with T-SQL. I've been trying to learn ASP, T-SQL,
    HTML and JavaScript simutaneously. I will look into it.

    Thanks!

    A. Nonymous, Apr 21, 2004

  3. A. Nonymous

    John Guest

    John, Apr 21, 2004
  4. Most probably your problem lies on database side and not in the ASP.
    Execute only search procedures and watch performance.
    Bojidar Alexandrov, Apr 23, 2004