minimal java server to capture http post

Krick

I have the need to write a minimal http server in java that will just
capture html form data that has been submitted from a browser. It
doesn't need to serve pages or perform any other web server tasks.

I'm not sure where to start.

Can anybody point me in the direction of some examples or source code?

thanks
Krick

Joe

krick@my- said:
I have the need to write a minimal http server in java that will just
capture html form data that has been submitted from a browser. It
doesn't need to serve pages or perform any other web server tasks.

I'm not sure where to start.

Can anybody point me in the direction of some examples or source code?

thanks
Krick

I believe the O'Reilly book, Java Cookbook, has an example like what you
want. You should be able to find a copy of the example code online
somewhere on the O'Reilly site.

Robert Olofsson

Krick ([email protected]) wrote:
: I have the need to write a minimal http server in java that will just
: capture html form data that has been submitted from a browser. It
: doesn't need to serve pages or perform any other web server tasks.

Hmm? why dont you just capture the network traffic? why does it have
to be a solution written in java?
Have you tried ethereal for capturing network data?

: Can anybody point me in the direction of some examples or source code?
If you really want to have a http server written in java
apache/jakarta/commons/ may have what you want, or even my web proxy,
RabbIT, have what you want.
Freshmeat or google will tell you more.

/robo