    Can anybody point me in the direction of some examples or source code?

    thanks
    Krick
    Krick, Aug 12, 2003

  2. The ServerSocket class might come in handy, also check out these urls:
    http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc1945/rfc1945
    http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616.html

    Dan Peder Eriksen, Aug 12, 2003

  3. Krick

    Joe Guest

    In article <>, krick@my-
    deja.com says...
    > I have the need to write a minimal http server in java that will just
    > capture html form data that has been submitted from a browser. It
    > doesn't need to serve pages or perform any other web server tasks.
    >
    > I'm not sure where to start.
    >
    > Can anybody point me in the direction of some examples or source code?
    >
    > thanks
    > Krick

    I believe the O'Reilly book, Java Cookbook, has an example like what you
    want. You should be able to find a copy of the example code online
    somewhere on the O'Reilly site.

    --
    "Everybody plays the fool. Sometimes."
    -- American Folk Saying
    Joe, Aug 12, 2003
  4. Krick

    Roedy Green Guest

    Roedy Green, Aug 12, 2003
  5. Krick

    -thanva Guest

    Hi,

    try here:

    http://www.apl.jhu.edu/~hall/java/CWP-Sources/CWP-Examples/Chapter18/CgiGet.java

    -thanva

    -thanva, Aug 13, 2003
  6. Krick () wrote:
    : I have the need to write a minimal http server in java that will just
    : capture html form data that has been submitted from a browser. It
    : doesn't need to serve pages or perform any other web server tasks.

    Hmm? why dont you just capture the network traffic? why does it have
    to be a solution written in java?
    Have you tried ethereal for capturing network data?

    : Can anybody point me in the direction of some examples or source code?
    If you really want to have a http server written in java
    apache/jakarta/commons/ may have what you want, or even my web proxy,
    RabbIT, have what you want.
    Freshmeat or google will tell you more.

    /robo
    Robert Olofsson, Aug 13, 2003