    it with an existing SQL Server database that holds the customer, order, and
    product info.

    Thanks.

    Guadala Harry, Sep 27, 2004

  2. Hi GuadalaHary,

    Here's your basic Simple Shopping Cart Engine:

    You have pages where users can select products. When a user selects a
    product, information about the product is added to a Collection or Array in
    the user's Session. If the Session times out, the user has to start over.
    When the user is finished shopping, the user goes to a payment page where
    the user first reviews all of the items in the cart, can add or remove
    items, quantities, etc., and when satisfied, can check out. The user is then
    directed to a SSL page where payment is made. Taking payment online is
    another whole can of worms, and you have plenty of options, none of which
    are easy. Pick a vendor, and learn how to use their system. Once payment is
    made, the Cart is wiped from the user's Session, and they can continue
    shopping, or go elsewhere.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    "Guadala Harry" <> wrote in message
    > I'm looking to implement some *minimal* shopping cart. I've looked at a

    few
    > 3rd party packages, and they're all way too involved for what I need. So,
    > I'm thinking it might make sense to roll my own. Before diving in though,
    > I'd like to have any recommendations or suggestions from any of you who

    have
    > done or seen "bare bones" shopping carts/store fronts. I'd like to

    integrate

    Kevin Spencer, Sep 27, 2004

  3. Go to www.asp.net and look at the source projects. There is an ECommerce
    starter. You can also look at the IBuySpy store, which is a precursor to
    other projects. The source is free.

    ---

    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!

    =?Utf-8?B?Q293Ym95IChHcmVnb3J5IEEuIEJlYW1lcikgLSBN, Sep 27, 2004