minimalising certain blocks on your page (and saving those settings in a cookie)

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by persyn jurriaan, Dec 10, 2003.

  1. hi,

    i'm new to this newsgroup, so: hi, to everyone involved!

    i'm currently searching for a script like the one used on all the daughter
    sites of pagina.nl (ie.: http://jazz.pagina.nl ) ... on those pages you have
    several blocks which you can minimalise and maximilise so you can choose
    which blocks you wanna see or not ... (i need something similar for the
    www.beyondjazz.net community i'm hosting). also the settings (which blocks
    are open? which should appear small on the bottom of the page?) should be
    saved into a cookie or so ...
    i've tried searching the source code of the jazz.pagina.nl page, but there
    are so much scripts in there i don't really see which parts i need and which
    i don't ... so i thought some of you might now a javascript source website
    where such a script is available for download, with a demo and so on ...

    thanks!

    peace,
    jurriaan

    persyn jurriaan, Dec 10, 2003

  2. ah well ... i'll write it myself then ...
    check the current state here:
    http://users.skynet.be/fa290661/test/explode.htm#a1
    if there are any suggestions. let me know.

    peace,
    jurriaan

    persyn jurriaan, Dec 12, 2003