Minimium NTFS ACL's for ASP.Net to run on IIS5

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by PM, Nov 11, 2003.

  1. PM

    PM Guest

    Does anyone know of a white paper that gives exactly what
    are the minimial NTFS ACL permissions to get ASP.Net v1.1
    to work on Windows 2000 and IIS5.0, i have followed the
    instructions in the MS knowledge base article - 271071

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-
    US;Q271071

    This has tightned up the box but still prevents ASP.Net
    from working, i have also granted the ASPNet user on the
    box
    1) Read & Execute, Read and List Folder Contents on the
    web site(s) root location.
    2) Read & Execute, Read and List Folder Contents on the
    web site(s) root location partition so that it can watch
    for web .config changes etc.
    3) Full control over the ASP.Net application locations at
    C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary
    ASP.NET Files

    I haven't been able to find any white paper that gives me
    a list of the additional permissions required and would
    prefer to know these instead of just relying on what
    IISLockdown will set.

    Thanks in advance
    Pat

    PM, Nov 11, 2003