    the window opens correctly, all the parameters work just fine, but the
    window doesn't get minimized.
    My browser is Internet Explorer 6.

    jacek, Jul 19, 2004

  2. jacek

    Grant Wagner Guest

    jacek wrote:

    > hi,
    > I have a form and onsubmit there's a code like this <form [...]
    > onsubmit="w=window.open([parameters]); w.blur(); " >
    >
    > the window opens correctly, all the parameters work just fine, but the
    > window doesn't get minimized.
    > My browser is Internet Explorer 6.

    [window].blur() does not minimize the window, in fact, in a number of
    operating systems, there is no concept of a "minimized window".

    [window].blur() _may_, on some browsers, on some operating systems, force
    the focus to be lost on the window. The exact result of the window losing
    focus is browser and platform dependant, but it is unlikely it would ever
    result in a window becoming minimized.

    --
    Grant Wagner <>

    Grant Wagner, Jul 20, 2004

  3. jacek wrote:

    > I have a form and onsubmit there's a code like this <form [...]
    > onsubmit="w=window.open([parameters]); w.blur(); " >
    >
    > the window opens correctly, all the parameters work just fine, but the
    > window doesn't get minimized.

    Why should it? Minimizing a window is not what blur() is
    intended to do, it merely removes the focus from a control.

    PointedEars

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Jul 23, 2004