    3 microsecond, is it too good ? I know windows system is far
    coarser.

    Wei
    Wei Wang (weiwang1), Jun 30, 2003

  2. Wei Wang (weiwang1)

    Jack Klein Guest

    On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 15:25:57 -0500, "Wei Wang (weiwang1)"
    <> wrote in comp.lang.c:

    > Functions such as "gettimeofday" gives the time. How fine the

    Not in standard C, the topic of comp.lang.c, it doesn't, because there
    is no function named gettimeofday(). The only function in standard C
    that returns time is deliberately hidden by giving it the confusing
    name time().

    > result is ? It probably is not as fine as 1 microsecond.
    > I use a test code on redhat linux 7.3, it gives approximately
    > 3 microsecond, is it too good ? I know windows system is far
    > coarser.
    >

    > Wei

    Not only is comp.lang.c not a good place for this question,
    gnu.gcc.help is not either, because gcc is basically a system
    independent compiler that uses system-supplied libraries on most
    platforms, and does not control many characteristics of the underlying
    operating system.

    There is no one universal "linux/unix" time slice. If you have a
    Linux specific question you should ask in
    news:comp.os.linux.development.apps. If you have a question about a
    specific version of UNIX you should hunt up a newsgroup for that
    specific version, or perhaps ask about a specific version in

    There is no one answer that applies to Linux and all UNIX or UNIX-like
    systems.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com