    How can I specify the width of the select box? Preferably the minimum width.

    tia
    ---Michael

    Michael Satterwhite, Feb 10, 2005

  2. Michael Satterwhite

    Steve Pugh Guest

    Michael Satterwhite <satterwh.X$NO$S$> wrote:

    >If I create a Select input box, but don't populate it (yet), it appears as a
    >very narrow box.

    Do don't do that. If you really need to populate a select element via
    client side scripting then don't create the select until you're ready
    to start populating it.

    >a "width" clause doesn't appear to have any effect,

    What do you mean by 'clause'? If you mean HTML attribute then there is
    no such thing for select. If you mean CSS property then it does work
    in many modern browers.

    >How can I specify the width of the select box? Preferably the minimum width.

    min-width is the minimum width but isn't supported by IE.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

    Steve Pugh, Feb 10, 2005