minimum width setting

rodchar

hey all,
you know how you can set the with of a textbox to say something like 50% and
then as you change the size of the browser the textbox changes accordingly.
is there a way that if the browser is resized too small that it stops from
adjusting and just puts scrollbars?

thanks,
rodchar

Nathan Sokalski

There are the CSS properties min-width, min-height, max-width, and
max-height, but unfortunately very few browsers currently support them, so I
would not suggest using them. I was honestly never a fan of using
percentages for specifying width and height unless the container (such as a
div or td, for example) has a fixed width or height, but I'm also a
developer, not a designer, so my opinion probably doesn't mean as much.