    Main Expectorant

    haaktu technologies
    spewing spit since '73

    Edwin Eyan Moragas, Aug 25, 2004

  2. Hi,

    In message "miniruby capabilities Q"
    on 04/08/25, Edwin Eyan Moragas <> writes:

    |saw a miniruby binary in the ruby distro. tried a search in
    |the list archives but can't answer my question.
    |
    |1) what is miniruby for?

    miniruby is a ruby interpreter for bootstrapping purpose. Ruby uses
    some Ruby programs during its compilation.

    |2) what is it capable of doing?

    miniruby is not capable to load extension libraries on some platforms.

    matz.

    Yukihiro Matsumoto, Aug 26, 2004

  3. thanks Matz.

    i guess it wouldn't be wise to use miniruby as a full time interpreter then.

    stp
    eyan

    --
    Edwin Eyan Moragas