minor problem with ri -c

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Joel VanderWerf, Apr 28, 2004.

  1. The last few lines output by 'ri -c' are:

    TimeExtentionTest, TrueClass, TypeError, UnboundMethod, Values,
    Vector, YAML, ZeroDivisionError, body;, dig = {}, fatal, include,
    klass

    Looks like ZeroDivisionError is the last meaningful item?
    Joel VanderWerf, Apr 28, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Joel VanderWerf wrote:
    >
    > The last few lines output by 'ri -c' are:
    >
    > TimeExtentionTest, TrueClass, TypeError, UnboundMethod, Values,
    > Vector, YAML, ZeroDivisionError, body;, dig = {}, fatal, include,
    > klass
    >
    > Looks like ZeroDivisionError is the last meaningful item?


    Oops. I should add that this is in the latest 1.9 snapshot:

    ruby 1.9.0 (2004-04-27) [i686-linux]

    but it's been like this for a while.
    Joel VanderWerf, Apr 28, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Joel VanderWerf

    Dave Thomas Guest

    On Apr 29, 2004, at 0:44, Joel VanderWerf wrote:

    >
    > The last few lines output by 'ri -c' are:
    >
    > TimeExtentionTest, TrueClass, TypeError, UnboundMethod, Values,
    > Vector, YAML, ZeroDivisionError, body;, dig = {}, fatal, include,
    > klass
    >


    Hmm... this is what I get (using the latest CVS HEAD)

    ---------------------------------------------- Known classes and modules

    Abbrev, ArgumentError, Array, Base64, Base64::Deprecated,
    Benchmark, Benchmark::Job, Benchmark::Report, Benchmark::Tms,
    Bignum, Binding, CGI, CGI::Cookie, CGI::Html3, CGI::Html4,
    CGI::Html4Fr, CGI::Html4Tr, CGI::HtmlExtension,
    CGI::QueryExtension, CGI::QueryExtension::Value, CGI::Session,
    CGI::Session::FileStore, CGI::Session::MemoryStore, CGI::TagMaker,
    Class, Comparable, Complex, ConditionVariable, Continuation, Data,
    Date, DateTime, Dir, EOFError, Enumerable, Errno, Exception,
    ExceptionForMatrix, FalseClass, File, File::Constants, File::Stat,
    FileTest, FileUtils, FileUtils::DryRun, FileUtils::NoWrite,
    FileUtils::Verbose, Find, Fixnum, Float, FloatDomainError, GC,
    Generator, Hash, IO, IOError, Iconv, IndexError, Integer,
    Interrupt, Kernel, LoadError, LocalJumpError, Logger,
    Logger::Application, Logger::Error, Logger::LogDevice,
    Logger::Severity, Logger::ShiftingError, MIME, Marshal, MatchData,
    Math, Matrix, Matrix::Scalar, Method, Module, Mutex, NameError,
    NameError::message, NilClass, NoMemoryError, NoMethodError,
    NotImplementedError, Numeric, Object, ObjectSpace, Observable,
    Pathname, PathnameTest, Precision, Proc, Process, Process::GID,
    Process::Status, Process::Sys, Process::UID, Queue, Range,
    RangeError, Regexp, RegexpError, RuntimeError, ScriptError,
    SecurityError, Set, Shellwords, Signal, SignalException,
    Singleton, SingletonClassMethods, SizedQueue, SortedSet,
    StandardError, String, StringScanner, Struct, Symbol,
    SyncEnumerator, SyntaxError, SystemCallError, SystemExit,
    SystemStackError, Tempfile, Test, Thread, ThreadError,
    ThreadGroup, ThreadsWait, Time, TimeExtentionTest, TrueClass,
    TypeError, UnboundMethod, Values, Vector, YAML, ZeroDivisionError,
    fatal

    Is it possible that the snapshot is old?

    Cheers

    Dave
    Dave Thomas, Apr 29, 2004
    #3
  4. Dave Thomas wrote:
    >
    > On Apr 29, 2004, at 0:44, Joel VanderWerf wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> The last few lines output by 'ri -c' are:
    >>
    >> TimeExtentionTest, TrueClass, TypeError, UnboundMethod, Values,
    >> Vector, YAML, ZeroDivisionError, body;, dig = {}, fatal, include,
    >> klass
    >>

    >
    > Hmm... this is what I get (using the latest CVS HEAD)

    ...
    > Is it possible that the snapshot is old?


    The ruby executable says it is:

    ruby 1.9.0 (2004-04-27) [i686-linux]

    I'll remove my /usr/local/share/ri/1.9 it and see if it the junk comes
    back when I reinstall 1.9...and yes it does:

    # ls -lt /usr/local/share/ri/1.9/system | tail
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Apr 29 06:12 SystemStackError/
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Apr 29 06:12 Vector/
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Apr 29 06:12 Method/
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Apr 29 06:12 SystemCallError/
    drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Apr 29 06:12 File/
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 29 Apr 29 06:11 created.rid
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Apr 29 06:09 body;/
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Apr 29 06:09 dig = {}/
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Apr 29 06:09 include/
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Apr 29 06:09 klass/

    # ri -c -T | tail -n3
    TimeExtentionTest, TrueClass, TypeError, UnboundMethod, Values,
    Vector, YAML, ZeroDivisionError, body;, dig = {}, fatal, include,
    klass

    Where is this stuff coming from? Interesting that it was created a few
    seconds before the legitimate stuff.
    Joel VanderWerf, Apr 29, 2004
    #4
  5. Joel VanderWerf

    Dave Thomas Guest

    On Apr 29, 2004, at 15:23, Joel VanderWerf wrote:

    >> Is it possible that the snapshot is old?

    >
    > The ruby executable says it is:
    >
    > ruby 1.9.0 (2004-04-27) [i686-linux]
    >
    > I'll remove my /usr/local/share/ri/1.9 it and see if it the junk comes
    > back when I reinstall 1.9...and yes it does:



    OK - now I'm very confused. I just blew everything away, cvs up, make,
    make install, and I don't see those files.

    Is if possible you have an old copy of the 'rdoc' code lying around
    somewhere, so that when you run rdoc during the installation it is
    using the old library. We used to see these extra classes being added,
    but that was fixed a while back.

    Dave


    Cheers

    Dave
    Dave Thomas, Apr 29, 2004
    #5
  6. Joel VanderWerf

    Mark Hubbart Guest

    On Apr 29, 2004, at 6:23 AM, Joel VanderWerf wrote:

    > Dave Thomas wrote:
    >> On Apr 29, 2004, at 0:44, Joel VanderWerf wrote:
    >>>
    >>> The last few lines output by 'ri -c' are:
    >>>
    >>> TimeExtentionTest, TrueClass, TypeError, UnboundMethod, Values,
    >>> Vector, YAML, ZeroDivisionError, body;, dig = {}, fatal,
    >>> include,
    >>> klass
    >>>

    >> Hmm... this is what I get (using the latest CVS HEAD)

    > ...
    >> Is it possible that the snapshot is old?

    >
    > The ruby executable says it is:
    >
    > ruby 1.9.0 (2004-04-27) [i686-linux]
    >
    > I'll remove my /usr/local/share/ri/1.9 it and see if it the junk comes
    > back when I reinstall 1.9...and yes it does:
    >
    > # ls -lt /usr/local/share/ri/1.9/system | tail
    > drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Apr 29 06:12
    > SystemStackError/
    > drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Apr 29 06:12 Vector/
    > drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Apr 29 06:12 Method/
    > drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Apr 29 06:12
    > SystemCallError/
    > drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Apr 29 06:12 File/
    > -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 29 Apr 29 06:11 created.rid
    > drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Apr 29 06:09 body;/
    > drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Apr 29 06:09 dig = {}/
    > drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Apr 29 06:09 include/
    > drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Apr 29 06:09 klass/
    >
    > # ri -c -T | tail -n3
    > TimeExtentionTest, TrueClass, TypeError, UnboundMethod, Values,
    > Vector, YAML, ZeroDivisionError, body;, dig = {}, fatal, include,
    > klass
    >
    > Where is this stuff coming from? Interesting that it was created a few
    > seconds before the legitimate stuff.


    FWIW:

    mark@imac% ruby -v
    ruby 1.9.0 (2004-04-11) [powerpc-darwin]
    mark@imac% ri -c | tail -3
    TimeExtentionTest, TrueClass, TypeError, UnboundMethod, Values,
    Vector, YAML, ZeroDivisionError, body;, dig = {}, fatal, include,
    klass
    mark@imac% grep -rn 'class << body;' .
    /lib/cgi.rb:1044: (class << body; self; end).class_eval do
    mark@imac% grep -rn 'dig = {}' .
    /lib/set.rb:375: class << dig = {} # :nodoc:
    mark@imac% grep -rn 'class' . | grep fatal | grep Exception
    /error.c:973: rb_eFatal = rb_define_class("fatal",
    rb_eException);
    mark@imac% grep -rn 'class << klass' .
    ./.ext/tk.rb:3456: class << klass
    /ext/tk/lib/tk.rb:3456: class << klass
    /lib/singleton.rb:159: class << klass

    That explains (maybe) where those are coming from. But I can't figure
    out where rdoc got the idea that "include" was a class...

    HTH,
    --Mark
    Mark Hubbart, Apr 29, 2004
    #6
  7. Joel VanderWerf

    Dave Thomas Guest

    On Apr 29, 2004, at 18:31, Mark Hubbart wrote:
    > mark@imac% grep -rn 'dig = {}' .
    > ./lib/set.rb:375: class << dig = {} # :nodoc:
    > mark@imac% grep -rn 'class' . | grep fatal | grep Exception
    > ./error.c:973: rb_eFatal = rb_define_class("fatal",
    > rb_eException);
    > mark@imac% grep -rn 'class << klass' .
    > ./.ext/tk.rb:3456: class << klass
    > ./ext/tk/lib/tk.rb:3456: class << klass
    > ./lib/singleton.rb:159: class << klass
    >
    > That explains (maybe) where those are coming from. But I can't figure
    > out where rdoc got the idea that "include" was a class...


    Agreed, but

    a. I fixed this a while back (on February 29, as far as I can tell), and
    b. I just don't see it here.

    Cheers

    Dave
    Dave Thomas, Apr 29, 2004
    #7
  8. Dave Thomas wrote:
    >
    > On Apr 29, 2004, at 15:23, Joel VanderWerf wrote:
    >
    >>> Is it possible that the snapshot is old?

    >>
    >>
    >> The ruby executable says it is:
    >>
    >> ruby 1.9.0 (2004-04-27) [i686-linux]
    >>
    >> I'll remove my /usr/local/share/ri/1.9 it and see if it the junk comes
    >> back when I reinstall 1.9...and yes it does:

    >
    >
    >
    > OK - now I'm very confused. I just blew everything away, cvs up, make,
    > make install, and I don't see those files.
    >
    > Is if possible you have an old copy of the 'rdoc' code lying around
    > somewhere, so that when you run rdoc during the installation it is using
    > the old library. We used to see these extra classes being added, but
    > that was fixed a while back.


    Probably I'm just confused. I removed /usr/local/share/ri/1.9 and did
    'make install' again, and now those files are gone. Sorry for the noise...
    Joel VanderWerf, Apr 29, 2004
    #8
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Andries

    minor html problem

    Andries, Apr 3, 2004, in forum: HTML
    Replies:
    12
    Views:
    584
    Andries
    Apr 4, 2004
  2. Jorl Shefner
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    783
    John Hunter
    Feb 28, 2005
  3. Replies:
    2
    Views:
    391
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?=
    Dec 30, 2006
  4. Greg Corradini

    mx.ODBC minor problem

    Greg Corradini, Apr 13, 2007, in forum: Python
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    261
    Dennis Lee Bieber
    Apr 13, 2007
  5. richard

    Minor typo corrected problem

    richard, Jan 5, 2008, in forum: HTML
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    318
    Neredbojias
    Jan 6, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page