Minor table layout vs. popup menu question.

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Applebrown, Jan 28, 2004.

  1. Applebrown

    Applebrown Guest

    I've hit a strange snag. My vertical javascript popup menus were aligned
    perfectly with the tops of the links before I inserted graphic borders
    around my main table for my web page, and now the popups for some reason
    suddenly begin in a higher position (about 20px higher) than before I added
    the border graphics.

    Fortunately I figured out at least partically what was wrong but I have no
    idea why nor how to fix it. I've narrowed it down to the top three table
    columns of the 3x3 outside border grid. Whenever the height attribute
    exactly matches the correct height of the border graphic, the javascript is
    messed up. Here is the link to the temporary webpage. Everything is working
    except the position of the java popup menus (they pop up too high):

    www.gamebanshee.com/tysonmccann/index.htm

    Here is a link to the previous page without the borders but perfectly
    working popup menus:

    www.gamebanshee.com/tysonmccann/index.php

    The borders around the webpage are in a 3x3 grid, with the middle cell
    containing nested tables that make up the bulk of the webpage. It all worked
    fine until I added the graphics... more specifically, the height="xy" for
    the border graphics along the top row. If I made the height equal to
    anything *except* what it actually was, the java menus worked perfectly but
    the graphics were messed up. I'm not sure how to fix this, and any help
    would be greatly appreciated.

    Ty

    Applebrown, Jan 28, 2004