    where it can be freely downloaded?
    Pleae do tell me or forward it to me if you already have it.
    Regards.

    kr, Nov 5, 2007

  2. kr

    Tim Brown Guest

    kr wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > Does anybody have the latest MISRA C guidelines?Or do you know from
    > where it can be freely downloaded?
    > Pleae do tell me or forward it to me if you already have it.
    > Regards.

    you may want to try looking for yourself next time, as i seem to have
    found what you were looking for inside of twenty seconds. google or
    wikipedia are quick searches.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MISRA_C would seem to give you references to
    what you want.

    Tim

    Tim Brown, Nov 5, 2007

  3. kr

    santosh Guest

    On Monday 05 Nov 2007 6:56 pm kr <> wrote in
    article <>:

    > Hi all,
    > Does anybody have the latest MISRA C guidelines?Or do you know from
    > where it can be freely downloaded?
    > Pleae do tell me or forward it to me if you already have it.
    > Regards.

    IIRC Chris Hills mentioned that they are not free. He's a regular here.
    If you wait a while, he'll provide the necessary information.

    santosh, Nov 5, 2007
  4. kr

    Jack Klein Guest

    On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 05:26:50 -0800, kr <>
    wrote in comp.lang.c:

    > Hi all,
    > Does anybody have the latest MISRA C guidelines?Or do you know from
    > where it can be freely downloaded?
    > Pleae do tell me or forward it to me if you already have it.
    > Regards.

    Yes, I have the MISRA C 1998 and 2004 guidelines. I purchased them
    legally, and I suggest you do the same.

    http://www.misra-c2.com/

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

    Jack Klein, Nov 6, 2007
  5. kr

    Chris Hills Guest

    In article <fgnkag$d95$>, santosh
    <> writes
    >On Monday 05 Nov 2007 6:56 pm kr <> wrote in
    >article <>:
    >
    >> Hi all,
    >> Does anybody have the latest MISRA C guidelines?Or do you know from
    >> where it can be freely downloaded?
    >> Pleae do tell me or forward it to me if you already have it.
    >> Regards.

    >IIRC Chris Hills mentioned that they are not free. He's a regular here.
    >If you wait a while, he'll provide the necessary information.

    Hi,

    The MISRA-C guide is not free. It is something you have to buy....
    It can be obtained from www.MISRA-C.com in both hard copy and PDF form.
    It is hardly expensive.

    The reason it is not free is it costs a LOT to produce. This is in
    terms of time, effort and resources. The team meets 5 times a year for
    2 day sessions. Who do you think pays for the meeting room, overnight
    hotel, food etc? Then there are the costs of assembling the document
    and production (of not the printed and PDF)

    This is quite apart from the time of the people involved. We did do a
    rough calculation of the cost of the time used for MISRA-C2.... 8 people
    (with not less than 20 years experience each) for so many days at our
    current billing rates and it went over half a million GBP (over 1
    million USD)

    Regards
    Chris

    /\/\/ www.phaedsys.org \/\/\