MISRA-C++

Discussion in 'C++' started by Chris Hills, Aug 27, 2005.

  1. Chris Hills

    Chris Hills Guest

    MISRA is looking at doing a MISRA-C++ This is because they were asked to
    do it by a lot of people in industry.

    They are looking for some people to make up the team (based in the UK)
    The team will be made up of experienced industrial high-integrity C++ sw
    engineers. They are looking at meeting once a month for about a year.


    --
    \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
    \/\/\/\/\ Chris Hills Staffs England /\/\/\/\/
    /\/\/ www.phaedsys.org \/\/\
    \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
     
    Chris Hills, Aug 27, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Chris Hills wrote:
    [...]
    > They are looking for some people to make up the team (based in the UK)
    > The team will be [..]


    You may be looking in a wrong place. Try misc.jobs.offered.

    If you're not looking to *hire* people but instead to attract them to
    some kind of standardisation process, you might consider posting a bit
    more explanation. Just a thought...
     
    Victor Bazarov, Aug 29, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Chris Hills

    Chris Hills Guest

    In article <EjEQe.31243$01.us.to.verio.net>,
    Victor Bazarov <> writes
    >Chris Hills wrote:
    >[...]
    >> They are looking for some people to make up the team (based in the UK)
    >> The team will be [..]

    >
    >You may be looking in a wrong place. Try misc.jobs.offered.


    Nope.

    >
    >If you're not looking to *hire* people but instead to attract them to
    >some kind of standardisation process, you might consider posting a bit
    >more explanation. Just a thought...



    Sorry I thought everyone knew of MISRA-C and therefore would know what
    MISRA-C++ would be. Certainly anyone working in embedded systems or
    high-integrity systems should do.

    MISRA-C is a coding guideline for embedded and safety related C
    primarily in the automotive market but it escaped to be used all over
    including medical and aerospace. It has been very successful and is now
    used world wide. In fact that is hardly a line of automotive C code
    anywhere in the world that is not written to MISRAS-C. MISRA has been
    asked t do a C++ version so they are looking for people to take part.

    BTW MISRA= Motor Industry SW Reliability Association.


    see www.MISRA-C.com, there is nothing on the CPP web site as they have
    only just started looking at this as of last week.





    --
    \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
    \/\/\/\/\ Chris Hills Staffs England /\/\/\/\/
    /\/\/ www.phaedsys.org \/\/\
    \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
     
    Chris Hills, Aug 30, 2005
    #3
  4. Chris Hills

    Mike Smith Guest

    Chris Hills wrote:
    >
    > Sorry I thought everyone knew of MISRA-C and therefore would know what
    > MISRA-C++ would be. Certainly anyone working in embedded systems or
    > high-integrity systems should do.


    Which would mean that your assumption would have been correct for a
    newsgroup dedicated to the development of embedded systems. This is a
    newsgroup dedicated to discussion of the ISO standard C++ language.

    --
    Mike Smith
     
    Mike Smith, Aug 30, 2005
    #4
  5. In article <>,
    Mike Smith <> wrote:

    > Chris Hills wrote:
    > >
    > > Sorry I thought everyone knew of MISRA-C and therefore would know what
    > > MISRA-C++ would be. Certainly anyone working in embedded systems or
    > > high-integrity systems should do.

    >
    > Which would mean that your assumption would have been correct for a
    > newsgroup dedicated to the development of embedded systems. This is a
    > newsgroup dedicated to discussion of the ISO standard C++ language.


    Chris, I find your post quite on topic, and thank you for making it.
    And yes, I did see it on comp.arch.embedded as well.

    You might also try comp.lang.c++.moderated. It's moderated by
    professionals.

    -Howard
     
    Howard Hinnant, Aug 30, 2005
    #5
  6. Chris Hills

    Chris Hills Guest

    In article <hinnant-B508FF.10510230082005@syrcnyrdrs-
    01-ge0.nyroc.rr.com>, Howard Hinnant <> writes
    >In article <>,
    > Mike Smith <> wrote:
    >
    >> Chris Hills wrote:
    >> >
    >> > Sorry I thought everyone knew of MISRA-C and therefore would know what
    >> > MISRA-C++ would be. Certainly anyone working in embedded systems or
    >> > high-integrity systems should do.

    >>
    >> Which would mean that your assumption would have been correct for a
    >> newsgroup dedicated to the development of embedded systems. This is a
    >> newsgroup dedicated to discussion of the ISO standard C++ language.

    >
    >Chris, I find your post quite on topic, and thank you for making it.
    >And yes, I did see it on comp.arch.embedded as well.
    >
    >You might also try comp.lang.c++.moderated. It's moderated by
    >professionals.
    >
    >-Howard


    Thanks Howard.

    --
    \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
    \/\/\/\/\ Chris Hills Staffs England /\/\/\/\/
    /\/\/ www.phaedsys.org \/\/\
    \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
     
    Chris Hills, Aug 30, 2005
    #6
  7. Chris Hills

    Chris Hills Guest

    In article <>, Mike Smith
    <> writes
    >Chris Hills wrote:
    >>
    >> Sorry I thought everyone knew of MISRA-C and therefore would know what
    >> MISRA-C++ would be. Certainly anyone working in embedded systems or
    >> high-integrity systems should do.

    >
    >Which would mean that your assumption would have been correct for a
    >newsgroup dedicated to the development of embedded systems.


    I said embedded or high integrity.

    >This is a
    >newsgroup dedicated to discussion of the ISO standard C++ language.



    Sorry Mike, My mistake, I thought MISRA-C++ was something to do with C++
    standardisation. MISRA-C certainly has become a major influence on C.

    On the other hand you are probably right. C++ language "experts"
    probably want nothing to do with actually using the language.

    When you say embedded systems you mean ones using the 32 and 64 bit
    processors and RTOS like Linux, Solaris, Unix and Win CE? Systems with
    2 gigabyte hard drives and 500 Mb memory?

    But as this NG does not do embedded or high integrity I can only assume
    you are only interested in low integrity systems :)

    --
    \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
    \/\/\/\/\ Chris Hills Staffs England /\/\/\/\/
    /\/\/ www.phaedsys.org \/\/\
    \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
     
    Chris Hills, Aug 30, 2005
    #7
  8. Chris Hills wrote:
    > [...]
    > On the other hand you are probably right. C++ language "experts"
    > probably want nothing to do with actually using the language.


    You know, I am offended by this remark. Not only have you no idea
    where to post or how to post, you also apparently have a very strange
    sense of how to behave when your mistakes are pointed out.

    MISRA-C++ has NOTHING to do with standardisation of C++, a simple
    search on 'comp.std.c++' shows that. One mention of MISRA C, and
    mostly in derogatory terms (as you should be aware, since you've
    participated in that thread).

    > [...]
     
    Victor Bazarov, Aug 31, 2005
    #8
  9. Chris Hills

    Chris Hills Guest

    In article <UAiRe.31440$01.us.to.verio.net>,
    Victor Bazarov <> writes
    >Chris Hills wrote:
    >> [...]
    >> On the other hand you are probably right. C++ language "experts"
    >> probably want nothing to do with actually using the language.

    >
    >You know, I am offended by this remark. Not only have you no idea
    >where to post or how to post,


    You think it should not be posted here. Myself and another who commented
    think it is relevant. On that straw poll I would say you are wrong.

    Having been involved in this NG and standards for over 14 years I do
    have some idea. So far you are the only person to complain.


    > you also apparently have a very strange
    >sense of how to behave when your mistakes are pointed out.


    So do you.

    >MISRA-C++ has NOTHING to do with standardisation of C++,


    I beg to differ (as do members of the ISO C++ panel who have contacted
    me by email)

    Also this is NOT comp.std.c++ but comp.lang.C++ you might have had
    slightly more of a point if it was comp.std.c++ but this NG is for c++
    in general which definitely includes MISRA-C++

    If you don't like it don't read the posts.

    > a simple
    >search on 'comp.std.c++' shows that.


    As this is the announcement of the START of MISRA-C++ how would there
    have been any mention of it previously?

    > One mention of MISRA C, and
    >mostly in derogatory terms (as you should be aware, since you've
    >participated in that thread).



    C is not C++. C is off topic here.

    Did you have a similar closed mind when EC++ was mentioned in the past.

    As both EC++ and MISRA-C++ I expect will be intimately connected with
    ISO C++. EC++ is effectivly a standard and MISRA-C++ is likely to
    become one if the C version is anything to go by.



    --
    \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
    \/\/\/\/\ Chris Hills Staffs England /\/\/\/\/
    /\/\/ www.phaedsys.org \/\/\
    \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
     
    Chris Hills, Aug 31, 2005
    #9
  10. Chris Hills

    Andre Kostur Guest

    Chris Hills <> wrote in
    news::

    > In article <UAiRe.31440$01.us.to.verio.net>,
    > Victor Bazarov <> writes
    >>Chris Hills wrote:
    >>> [...]
    >>> On the other hand you are probably right. C++ language "experts"
    >>> probably want nothing to do with actually using the language.

    >>
    >>You know, I am offended by this remark. Not only have you no idea
    >>where to post or how to post,

    >
    > You think it should not be posted here. Myself and another who commented
    > think it is relevant. On that straw poll I would say you are wrong.


    OK... then I vote on Victor's side. I see no Standard C++ content in your
    original post. Only a reference to some other group who apparently want to
    draw up some coding guidelines, presumably only using Standard C++
    facilities. And you follow up with some whiny statement about how the
    denizens of comp.lang.c++ don't actually use the language. Very
    professional of you.
     
    Andre Kostur, Aug 31, 2005
    #10
  11. Chris Hills

    Mike Smith Guest

    Chris Hills wrote:
    > In article <>, Mike Smith
    > <> writes
    >
    >>Chris Hills wrote:
    >>
    >>>Sorry I thought everyone knew of MISRA-C and therefore would know what
    >>>MISRA-C++ would be. Certainly anyone working in embedded systems or
    >>>high-integrity systems should do.

    >>
    >>Which would mean that your assumption would have been correct for a
    >>newsgroup dedicated to the development of embedded systems.

    >
    >
    > I said embedded or high integrity.


    Then find your self a comp.systems.high-integrity newsgroup.

    >>This is a
    >>newsgroup dedicated to discussion of the ISO standard C++ language.

    >
    > Sorry Mike, My mistake, I thought MISRA-C++ was something to do with C++
    > standardisation.


    Apology accepted. The C++ language is standardized by ISO, not by
    MISRA. MISRA can standardize a particular *way of using* the ISO
    standard C++ language if they want, but that's not the same thing.

    > MISRA-C certainly has become a major influence on C.


    "Having a major influence on" and "defining the standard for" are not
    the same thing.

    > On the other hand you are probably right. C++ language "experts"
    > probably want nothing to do with actually using the language.
    >
    > When you say embedded systems you mean ones using the 32 and 64 bit
    > processors and RTOS like Linux, Solaris, Unix and Win CE? Systems with
    > 2 gigabyte hard drives and 500 Mb memory?
    >
    > But as this NG does not do embedded or high integrity I can only assume
    > you are only interested in low integrity systems :)


    Gee, first you apologize, then you troll/flame/insult. What are we to
    think?

    When it comes to c.l.c++, my interest is in *the C++ language*, and has
    nothing to do with embedded vs. desktop (even though my area of
    involvement tends toward the embedded), or high vs. low integrity (and
    you bet your ass that my area of involvement tends toward high rather
    than low integrity). There's not need for you to get insulting, just
    because you posted something to the wrong newsgroup.

    --
    Mike Smith
     
    Mike Smith, Aug 31, 2005
    #11
  12. Chris Hills

    Mike Smith Guest

    Andre Kostur wrote:
    > Chris Hills <> wrote in
    > news::
    >
    >
    >>In article <UAiRe.31440$01.us.to.verio.net>,
    >>Victor Bazarov <> writes
    >>
    >>>Chris Hills wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>[...]
    >>>>On the other hand you are probably right. C++ language "experts"
    >>>>probably want nothing to do with actually using the language.
    >>>
    >>>You know, I am offended by this remark. Not only have you no idea
    >>>where to post or how to post,

    >>
    >>You think it should not be posted here. Myself and another who commented
    >>think it is relevant. On that straw poll I would say you are wrong.

    >
    >
    > OK... then I vote on Victor's side.


    And I would have thought that my previous post would also have been so
    interpreted.

    --
    Mike Smith
     
    Mike Smith, Aug 31, 2005
    #12
  13. Chris Hills

    Chris Hills Guest

    In article <>, Mike Smith
    <> writes
    >Chris Hills wrote:
    >>
    >> Sorry I thought everyone knew of MISRA-C and therefore would know what
    >> MISRA-C++ would be. Certainly anyone working in embedded systems or
    >> high-integrity systems should do.

    >
    >Which would mean that your assumption would have been correct for a
    >newsgroup dedicated to the development of embedded systems. This is a
    >newsgroup dedicated to discussion of the ISO standard C++ language.
    >
    >--
    >Mike Smith


    No that would be comp.std.c++
    This is a general C++ NG.

    --
    \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
    \/\/\/\/\ Chris Hills Staffs England /\/\/\/\/
    /\/\/ www.phaedsys.org \/\/\
    \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
     
    Chris Hills, Aug 31, 2005
    #13
  14. Chris Hills

    Chris Hills Guest

    In article <Xns96C361799F2C3nntpspamkosturnet@207.35.177.135>, Andre
    Kostur <> writes
    >Chris Hills <> wrote in
    >news::
    >
    >> In article <UAiRe.31440$01.us.to.verio.net>,
    >> Victor Bazarov <> writes
    >>>Chris Hills wrote:
    >>>> [...]
    >>>> On the other hand you are probably right. C++ language "experts"
    >>>> probably want nothing to do with actually using the language.
    >>>
    >>>You know, I am offended by this remark. Not only have you no idea
    >>>where to post or how to post,

    >>
    >> You think it should not be posted here. Myself and another who commented
    >> think it is relevant. On that straw poll I would say you are wrong.

    >
    >OK... then I vote on Victor's side. I see no Standard C++ content in your
    >original post.


    Why should there be I was not posting to comp.std.c++ If you want to
    only discuss the C++ standard then go there. This is a group to discuss
    C++ in general. So the new MISRA C++ is on topic.

    > Only a reference to some other group who apparently want to
    >draw up some coding guidelines, presumably only using Standard C++
    >facilities.


    Some other group? MISRA has at the moment the most widely used C coding
    standard there is. I think some one worked out there are more copies of
    MISRA-C being used than the C99 standard. That is why MISRA were asked
    to do the C++ version.


    > And you follow up with some whiny statement about how the
    >denizens of comp.lang.c++ don't actually use the language. Very
    >professional of you.


    I asked if the only thing they were interested in was C++
    standardisation (in which case the are in the wrong group) or the
    practical application of C++

    Some one seemed to think that embedded and high integrity C++ had no
    place here. Which leaves what? Low integrity? :)


    --
    \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
    \/\/\/\/\ Chris Hills Staffs England /\/\/\/\/
    /\/\/ www.phaedsys.org \/\/\
    \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
     
    Chris Hills, Aug 31, 2005
    #14
  15. Chris Hills wrote:
    > In article <>, Mike Smith
    > <> writes
    >
    >>Chris Hills wrote:
    >>
    >>>Sorry I thought everyone knew of MISRA-C and therefore would know what
    >>>MISRA-C++ would be. Certainly anyone working in embedded systems or
    >>>high-integrity systems should do.

    >>
    >>Which would mean that your assumption would have been correct for a
    >>newsgroup dedicated to the development of embedded systems. This is a
    >>newsgroup dedicated to discussion of the ISO standard C++ language.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Mike Smith

    >
    >
    > No that would be comp.std.c++


    No, 'comp.std.c++' discusses C++ Standard. We here discuss Standard C++.

    > This is a general C++ NG.
    >


    There is no such thing as "general C++". I think it's time for you to
    read the Welcome message and the FAQ.
     
    Victor Bazarov, Aug 31, 2005
    #15
  16. Chris Hills

    Andre Kostur Guest

    Chris Hills <> wrote in
    news::

    > In article <Xns96C361799F2C3nntpspamkosturnet@207.35.177.135>, Andre
    > Kostur <> writes
    >>Chris Hills <> wrote in
    >>news::
    >>
    >>> In article
    >>> <UAiRe.31440$01.us.to.verio.net>, Victor
    >>> Bazarov <> writes
    >>>>Chris Hills wrote:
    >>>>> [...]
    >>>>> On the other hand you are probably right. C++ language "experts"
    >>>>> probably want nothing to do with actually using the language.
    >>>>
    >>>>You know, I am offended by this remark. Not only have you no idea
    >>>>where to post or how to post,
    >>>
    >>> You think it should not be posted here. Myself and another who
    >>> commented think it is relevant. On that straw poll I would say you
    >>> are wrong.

    >>
    >>OK... then I vote on Victor's side. I see no Standard C++ content in
    >>your original post.

    >
    > Why should there be I was not posting to comp.std.c++ If you want to
    > only discuss the C++ standard then go there. This is a group to
    > discuss C++ in general. So the new MISRA C++ is on topic.


    This is where you appear to be going wrong. You seem to not be able to
    see the difference between "discussing the C++ Standard" and "using the
    C++ Standard".

    >> Only a reference to some other group who apparently want to
    >>draw up some coding guidelines, presumably only using Standard C++
    >>facilities.

    >
    > Some other group? MISRA has at the moment the most widely used C
    > coding standard there is. I think some one worked out there are more
    > copies of MISRA-C being used than the C99 standard. That is why MISRA
    > were asked to do the C++ version.


    Yep. Some other group. Apparently more than one of us has never heard
    of them.

    >> And you follow up with some whiny statement about how the
    >>denizens of comp.lang.c++ don't actually use the language. Very
    >>professional of you.

    >
    > I asked if the only thing they were interested in was C++
    > standardisation (in which case the are in the wrong group) or the
    > practical application of C++


    Nope. Here in clc++ we're interested in the usage of Standard C++.
    csc++ deals with the standardization aspect. After they're done with it
    is when we start discussing it. 3rd party libraries (for example) are
    off-topic. We don't care that they happen to be written in C++.

    > Some one seemed to think that embedded and high integrity C++ had no
    > place here. Which leaves what? Low integrity? :)


    No, some one seemed to think that C++ _that is specific to_ embedded and
    high integrity has no place here. Similarly C++ _that is specific to_
    low integrity is equally off-topic. Here we call that "implementation
    and/or platform specific details", and is off-topic (unless we're dealing
    with a subset of Standard C++, but then the detail that it is embedded or
    not is an irrelevant detail).
     
    Andre Kostur, Aug 31, 2005
    #16
  17. Victor Bazarov wrote:
    [...]
    > There is no such thing as "general C++". I think it's time for you to
    > read the Welcome message and the FAQ.


    na zabore ... napisan, a tam drova.

    </ping>

    regards,
    alexander.
     
    Alexander Terekhov, Aug 31, 2005
    #17
  18. Chris Hills

    REH Guest

    Andre Kostur wrote:

    > OK... then I vote on Victor's side. I see no Standard C++ content in your
    > original post. Only a reference to some other group who apparently want to
    > draw up some coding guidelines, presumably only using Standard C++
    > facilities. And you follow up with some whiny statement about how the
    > denizens of comp.lang.c++ don't actually use the language. Very
    > professional of you.


    I don't have an opinion as to whether MISRA C++ discussion is OT or
    not, but as someone who does write embedded system, I don't care about
    a MISRA C++ "standard" anymore than the Embedded C++ "standard." The
    only standard I care about (language-wise) is the actual C++ Standard.
    Give me that, and I'll decide what parts are proper to use in my
    development. So, I guess on that score, I too am with Victor.

    REH
     
    REH, Aug 31, 2005
    #18
  19. Chris Hills

    LR Guest

    Chris Hills wrote:

    > In article <Xns96C361799F2C3nntpspamkosturnet@207.35.177.135>, Andre
    > Kostur <> writes
    >
    >>Chris Hills <> wrote in
    >>news::
    >>
    >>
    >>>In article <UAiRe.31440$01.us.to.verio.net>,
    >>>Victor Bazarov <> writes
    >>>
    >>>>Chris Hills wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>>[...]
    >>>>>On the other hand you are probably right. C++ language "experts"
    >>>>>probably want nothing to do with actually using the language.
    >>>>
    >>>>You know, I am offended by this remark. Not only have you no idea
    >>>>where to post or how to post,
    >>>
    >>>You think it should not be posted here. Myself and another who commented
    >>>think it is relevant. On that straw poll I would say you are wrong.

    >>
    >>OK... then I vote on Victor's side. I see no Standard C++ content in your
    >>original post.

    >
    >
    > Why should there be I was not posting to comp.std.c++ If you want to
    > only discuss the C++ standard then go there. This is a group to discuss
    > C++ in general.


    I don't think that's correct, but perhaps I'm wrong.

    > So the new MISRA C++ is on topic.


    Could you could please consult the FAQ for this group and tell us if you
    think the FAQ can be interpreted such that what you're posting is on topic?

    http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9

    TIA

    LR
     
    LR, Aug 31, 2005
    #19
  20. Chris Hills

    Chris Hills Guest

    In article <lMoRe.2028$>, LR
    <> writes
    >Chris Hills wrote:
    >
    >> In article <Xns96C361799F2C3nntpspamkosturnet@207.35.177.135>, Andre
    >> Kostur <> writes
    >>
    >>>Chris Hills <> wrote in
    >>>news::
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>In article <UAiRe.31440$01.us.to.verio.net>,
    >>>>Victor Bazarov <> writes
    >>>>
    >>>>>Chris Hills wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>>[...]
    >>>>>>On the other hand you are probably right. C++ language "experts"
    >>>>>>probably want nothing to do with actually using the language.
    >>>>>
    >>>>>You know, I am offended by this remark. Not only have you no idea
    >>>>>where to post or how to post,
    >>>>
    >>>>You think it should not be posted here. Myself and another who commented
    >>>>think it is relevant. On that straw poll I would say you are wrong.
    >>>
    >>>OK... then I vote on Victor's side. I see no Standard C++ content in your
    >>>original post.

    >>
    >>
    >> Why should there be I was not posting to comp.std.c++ If you want to
    >> only discuss the C++ standard then go there. This is a group to discuss
    >> C++ in general.

    >
    >I don't think that's correct, but perhaps I'm wrong.
    >
    >> So the new MISRA C++ is on topic.

    >
    >Could you could please consult the FAQ for this group and tell us if you
    >think the FAQ can be interpreted such that what you're posting is on topic?
    >
    >http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9
    >
    >TIA
    >


    it says

    "Only post to comp.lang.c++ if your question is about the C++ language
    itself. For example, C++ code design, syntax, style, rules, bugs, etc.
    Ultimately this means your question must be answerable by looking into
    the C++ language definition as determined by the ISO/ANSI C++ Standard
    document, and by planned extensions and adjustments"

    So yes MISRA-C++ as a subset coding guide is directly relevant to
    syntax, style, rules, bugs etc in the ISO C++ standard. Especially the
    "planned extensions and adjustments".

    However I find the narrow minded view of a few people here breathtaking.

    In another NG someone commented on just this sort of attitude that
    killed off Pascal and Basic also leading C a long way from it' users to
    the extent there have been virtually no compiler implementations of the
    C99 standard in the last 6 years.

    In fact all three language standards now have little bearing on the
    industrial use of those languages.


    --
    \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
    \/\/\/\/\ Chris Hills Staffs England /\/\/\/\/
    /\/\/ www.phaedsys.org \/\/\
    \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
     
    Chris Hills, Aug 31, 2005
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Replies:
    5
    Views:
    535
    Richard Bos
    Mar 31, 2006
  2. Chris Hills

    MISRA-C & TC example suite released

    Chris Hills, Jul 20, 2007, in forum: C Programming
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    474
    Rocky
    Jul 22, 2007
  3. Chris Hills
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    403
    Chris Hills
    Aug 18, 2007
  4. Chris Hills

    [MISRA NEWS] MISRA Newsletter July 2007

    Chris Hills, Aug 18, 2007, in forum: C Programming
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    365
    Chris Hills
    Aug 18, 2007
  5. Chris Hills

    MISRA-C:2010 (version 3)

    Chris Hills, Sep 10, 2007, in forum: C Programming
    Replies:
    19
    Views:
    907
    Spaka
    Apr 1, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page