missing ; before statement

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by effendi@epitome.com.sg, May 25, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi can anyone point out what is wrong with this code. I got the above
    error after introducing the "else if" statement

    if (newdoc=="isnew")
    {
    parent.nameCheck.location.href="//dbTeamNameValidation?OpenForm&ClassSection="
    +
    classSection+"-"+classNumber+"&teamchange="+teamchange+"&MemberList="+memberList+"&TeamName="
    +teamName;
    }
    else if (teamNameTemp!=teamName)
    {
    parent.nameCheck.location.href="//dbTeamNameValidation?OpenForm&ClassSection="
    +
    classSection+"-"+classNumber+"&teamchange="+teamchange+"&MemberList=""&TeamName="
    +teamName;
    }
    else
    {
    thisForm.submit()
    }

    Thanks

    , May 25, 2005

  2. RobG Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi can anyone point out what is wrong with this code. I got the above
    > error after introducing the "else if" statement
    >
    > if (newdoc=="isnew")
    > {
    > parent.nameCheck.location.href="//dbTeamNameValidation?OpenForm&ClassSection="
    > +
    > classSection+"-"+classNumber+"&teamchange="+teamchange+"&MemberList="+memberList+"&TeamName="
    > +teamName;
    > }
    > else if (teamNameTemp!=teamName)
    > {
    > parent.nameCheck.location.href="//dbTeamNameValidation?OpenForm&ClassSection="
    > +
    > classSection+"-"+classNumber+"&teamchange="+teamchange+"&MemberList=""&TeamName="

    At at guess, you wanted:

    classSection + ... + "&MemberList=" + memberList + "&TeamName="
    + teamName;

    --
    Rob

    RobG, May 25, 2005

    thank Rob, it was the "" after the &MemberList that cuased the problem.

    , May 25, 2005