Missing C modules in 2.5 on OS X?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jay Parlar, Apr 6, 2006.

  1. Jay Parlar

    Jay Parlar Guest

    I just downloaded, built, and installed the new 2.5 alpha on OS X 10.3,
    and it seems that the new 'functional' didn't get installed.

    I know that it got built (done from the 2.5 source directory):

    Jay-Computer:~/Desktop/Python-2.5a1 jayparlar$ find . -iname functional*
    ../build/lib.darwin-7.9.0-Power_Macintosh-2.5/functional.so
    ../build/temp.darwin-7.9.0-Power_Macintosh-2.5/functionalmodule.o
    ../Modules/functionalmodule.c

    But it doesn't seem to have been installed, as the same 'find' from
    /usr/local/lib/python2.5 produces nothing at all.

    I used the 'make altinstall' option when installing.

    Now that I'm looking closer at it, it seems that *no* modules
    implemented in C have been installed...

    Jay P.

    Jay Parlar, Apr 6, 2006