    PS - any help will be appreciated, I have been "googling" all day
    yesterday. I got the header (I later found it was the wrong one - but no
    luck so far on the library). Please help a damsel in distress ....!
    Dr Ann Huxtable, Dec 21, 2004

  2. Dr Ann Huxtable

    hari4063 Guest

    graph.lib was not-standard part of C. This is only Borland´s lib for
    graphics under the DOS. Before some years ago I try to rewrite that lib
    for windows but I run out-of-time. I am not sure is there any port of this
    lib, but who knows ...

    Best,
    Zaharije Pasalic
    hari4063, Dec 21, 2004

  3. In comp.lang.c Dr Ann Huxtable <> wrote:

    > Does anyone out there know where I can get the header (and also the
    > associated lib to link it against - I think this is either graph.lib or
    > graphics.lib). Many, many thanks for any help - and apologies for the
    > cross posting.

    Have you tried newsgroups.borland.com? There are many Borland-related
    newsgroups there where you might be able to find a solution.
    comp.lang.c is unlikely to be of assistance, unfortunately.

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Dec 21, 2004
  4. Dr Ann Huxtable

    infobahn Guest

    Dr Ann Huxtable wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am trying to compile an old C code written for the Borland Compiler on
    > the DOS platform.

    Which one? If Turbo C, you're in luck, because Borland ship a complete
    copy of Turbo C 2.01, from http://community.borland.com/museum/ (you
    don't have to pay any money, but I think you have to register, which
    again doesn't cost any actual money).

    Turbo C ships with the necessary header and library.

    If you actually need Borland C, I don't know whether the Borland museum
    has a copy of that.

    <snip>
    infobahn, Dec 21, 2004
  5. Dr Ann Huxtable

    Jack Klein Guest

    On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 00:29:02 +0000 (UTC), Dr Ann Huxtable
    <> wrote in comp.lang.c:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am trying to compile an old C code written for the Borland Compiler on
    > the DOS platform. This is a tactical solution and I intend to rip out
    > the GUI side of things and slap on something like Qt or Tcl/Tk (I'll
    > also be poting to linux), but for now, i am running out of time and
    > getting quite desperate.
    >
    > Does anyone out there know where I can get the header (and also the
    > associated lib to link it against - I think this is either graph.lib or
    > graphics.lib). Many, many thanks for any help - and apologies for the
    > cross posting.
    >
    > Ann
    >

    > PS - any help will be appreciated, I have been "googling" all day
    > yesterday. I got the header (I later found it was the wrong one - but no
    > luck so far on the library). Please help a damsel in distress ....!

    You may be in more distress than you know. If you are trying to
    compile this code with a compiler other than the Borland one it was
    originally written for, chances are that neither the header nor the
    library will do you any good.

    It is really off topic in comp.lang.c, but Borland has a number of
    support groups in the news:borland.public.* family, on their server
    nntp://newsgroups.borland.com . They are also accessible from their
    web site. I would suggest you post there and provide more specific
    information, such as which old Borland compiler it was written for,
    and which compiler and operating system you are trying to build it
    with now.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com
    Jack Klein, Dec 21, 2004
  6. Dr Ann Huxtable

    CBFalconer Guest

    Dr Ann Huxtable wrote:

    > I am trying to compile an old C code written for the Borland
    > Compiler on the DOS platform. This is a tactical solution and I
    > intend to rip out the GUI side of things and slap on something
    > like Qt or Tcl/Tk (I'll also be poting to linux), but for now, i
    > am running out of time and getting quite desperate.
    >
    > Does anyone out there know where I can get the header (and also
    > the associated lib to link it against - I think this is either
    > graph.lib or graphics.lib). Many, many thanks for any help - and
    > apologies for the cross posting.

    c.l.c is definitely the wrong place to look, since we deal with
    portable standard C. If your old C code is old enough you might
    find the whole system in the Borland museum. At any rate microsoft
    groups are unlikely to pay off, but alt.folklore.computers might.
    Also check Borlands own newsserver and their private newsgroups.

    --
    Chuck F () ()
    CBFalconer, Dec 21, 2004
  7. Dr Ann Huxtable wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am trying to compile an old C code written for the Borland Compiler on
    > the DOS platform. This is a tactical solution and I intend to rip out
    > the GUI side of things and slap on something like Qt or Tcl/Tk (I'll
    > also be poting to linux), but for now, i am running out of time and
    > getting quite desperate.
    >
    > Does anyone out there know where I can get the header (and also the
    > associated lib to link it against - I think this is either graph.lib or
    > graphics.lib). Many, many thanks for any help - and apologies for the
    > cross posting.
    >
    > Ann
    >

    > PS - any help will be appreciated, I have been "googling" all day
    > yesterday. I got the header (I later found it was the wrong one - but no
    > luck so far on the library). Please help a damsel in distress ....!

    MAny thanks for your help guys. After browsing the borlang newsgroup, I
    decided to take the plunge and simply replace the GUI with GraphApp
    (will take a bit longer, but its what I need to do anyway)
    Dr Ann Huxtable, Dec 21, 2004