Missing Graph.h and (Graph.lib) woes - any help

Dr Ann Huxtable

Hi All,

I am trying to compile an old C code written for the Borland Compiler on
the DOS platform. This is a tactical solution and I intend to rip out
the GUI side of things and slap on something like Qt or Tcl/Tk (I'll
also be poting to linux), but for now, i am running out of time and
getting quite desperate.

Does anyone out there know where I can get the header (and also the
associated lib to link it against - I think this is either graph.lib or
graphics.lib). Many, many thanks for any help - and apologies for the
cross posting.

Ann

PS - any help will be appreciated, I have been "googling" all day
yesterday. I got the header (I later found it was the wrong one - but no
luck so far on the library). Please help a damsel in distress ....!

hari4063

graph.lib was not-standard part of C. This is only Borland´s lib for
graphics under the DOS. Before some years ago I try to rewrite that lib
for windows but I run out-of-time. I am not sure is there any port of this
lib, but who knows ...

Best,
Zaharije Pasalic

Christopher Benson-Manica

In comp.lang.c Dr Ann Huxtable said:
Does anyone out there know where I can get the header (and also the
associated lib to link it against - I think this is either graph.lib or
graphics.lib). Many, many thanks for any help - and apologies for the
cross posting.

Have you tried newsgroups.borland.com? There are many Borland-related
newsgroups there where you might be able to find a solution.
comp.lang.c is unlikely to be of assistance, unfortunately.

infobahn

Dr said:
Hi All,

I am trying to compile an old C code written for the Borland Compiler on
the DOS platform.

Which one? If Turbo C, you're in luck, because Borland ship a complete
copy of Turbo C 2.01, from http://community.borland.com/museum/ (you
don't have to pay any money, but I think you have to register, which
again doesn't cost any actual money).

Turbo C ships with the necessary header and library.

If you actually need Borland C, I don't know whether the Borland museum
has a copy of that.

<snip>

Jack Klein

Hi All,

I am trying to compile an old C code written for the Borland Compiler on
the DOS platform. This is a tactical solution and I intend to rip out
the GUI side of things and slap on something like Qt or Tcl/Tk (I'll
also be poting to linux), but for now, i am running out of time and
getting quite desperate.

Does anyone out there know where I can get the header (and also the
associated lib to link it against - I think this is either graph.lib or
graphics.lib). Many, many thanks for any help - and apologies for the
cross posting.

Ann

PS - any help will be appreciated, I have been "googling" all day
yesterday. I got the header (I later found it was the wrong one - but no
luck so far on the library). Please help a damsel in distress ....!

You may be in more distress than you know. If you are trying to
compile this code with a compiler other than the Borland one it was
originally written for, chances are that neither the header nor the
library will do you any good.

It is really off topic in comp.lang.c, but Borland has a number of
support groups in the family, on their server
nntp://newsgroups.borland.com . They are also accessible from their
web site. I would suggest you post there and provide more specific
information, such as which old Borland compiler it was written for,
and which compiler and operating system you are trying to build it
with now.

CBFalconer

Dr said:
I am trying to compile an old C code written for the Borland
Compiler on the DOS platform. This is a tactical solution and I
intend to rip out the GUI side of things and slap on something
like Qt or Tcl/Tk (I'll also be poting to linux), but for now, i
am running out of time and getting quite desperate.

Does anyone out there know where I can get the header (and also
the associated lib to link it against - I think this is either
graph.lib or graphics.lib). Many, many thanks for any help - and
apologies for the cross posting.

c.l.c is definitely the wrong place to look, since we deal with
portable standard C. If your old C code is old enough you might
find the whole system in the Borland museum. At any rate microsoft
groups are unlikely to pay off, but alt.folklore.computers might.
Also check Borlands own newsserver and their private newsgroups.

Dr Ann Huxtable

Dr said:
Hi All,

I am trying to compile an old C code written for the Borland Compiler on
the DOS platform. This is a tactical solution and I intend to rip out
the GUI side of things and slap on something like Qt or Tcl/Tk (I'll
also be poting to linux), but for now, i am running out of time and
getting quite desperate.

Does anyone out there know where I can get the header (and also the
associated lib to link it against - I think this is either graph.lib or
graphics.lib). Many, many thanks for any help - and apologies for the
cross posting.

Ann

PS - any help will be appreciated, I have been "googling" all day
yesterday. I got the header (I later found it was the wrong one - but no
luck so far on the library). Please help a damsel in distress ....!

MAny thanks for your help guys. After browsing the borlang newsgroup, I
decided to take the plunge and simply replace the GUI with GraphApp
(will take a bit longer, but its what I need to do anyway)